Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Can Anyone Identify This Ingot?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 325Next Topic  

United States
1 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  4:14 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Stukiwi to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Learn More...
United States
104701 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  4:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the Community!

Your post was moved to the appropriate forum for the proper attention.
Learn More...
United States
20853 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  7:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@stu, first welcome to CCF. Second, that is an interesting silver ingot that you have there. It is a bit unusual that the weight isn't also stamped on it. In blowing up the image that you supplied, it looks like the symbol of the manufacturer is a letter W inside a stylized crown. I'm not familiar with this one and the roughness of the stamping makes me wonder if this wasn't done in someone's basement rather than at an established refiner.

"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

United States
1 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2021  06:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Stukiwi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for looking I really have no idea it was in a canvas bag with the name Chemical bank and the address on it and the bag was sealed with wire and a seal.
Learn More...
United States
20853 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2021  8:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@stu, in an effort to get some additional eyeballs on this silver ingot, I'm going to move this thread over to our precious metals subforum. Hopefully someone there will recognize this logo.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Valued Member
United States
178 Posts
 Posted 10/03/2021  4:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dowhat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If it has fallen into your hands,not so bad. I would not purchase this from anyone. Free is good. Nothing to lose. My expenses now would be essay. Purity and weight that you must pay for. Looks like value may exceed cost after, but I am no expert. I stick with well known bars and ingots. You will not know what it is otherwise. Lack of markings turns me off. Unless it was free. I will take it.
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 325Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05