Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

My Heck Year 20-21 5$ Bill Worth 5$(A Sentimental Piece)

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 243Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

Canada
1641 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  6:47 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
It's in rough shape and doubt it was printed this year or in 2020 even but it's a commemorative bill to me, for the heck we all have gone through from 2020-2021(hopefully over soon) and how I picked up my first hobby that I'm passionate about. So I figured I'd share it with you guys. Iv never saved a bill other then the odd random 1-2$ bills I find.

This post is a huge thank you to all of you, I'm sure you guys don't know but you have really helped me in more ways then numismatic knowledge and I will show my appreciation by continuing the hobby and researching(hopefully some of your own articles and books) but anyways thanks to everyone who spent the time to push me to research and gave your 2 cents even when I was stubborn and argues about nothing when I knew nothing and you were all pros.

This bill will he a reminder of how numismatics and all of you helped me through a hard time, I have lots of room for growth and hopefully I can continue to do it will all of your support and help.

Edit: spelling error, and I forgot the picture lol also HCU stands for high care unit at hospitals or ICU
Edited by Wrekkdd
09/20/2021 7:05 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
61418 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  6:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pics please!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1641 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  7:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lol sorry I'm not on wifi and iv used all my premium data so uploading the photo was really slow.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1641 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  10:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not religious at all really, but 666 in between 20 and 21 with HCU just shot out at me personal,it made me think about the tough time I was going through(and amazing time's due to my first child), with work and just what we have had to deal with in the covid times. On top of all that I gained an interest and got to express and grow through this site. For me this will be a special reminder of everything I have learner here(a (sentimental keepsake) for the knowledge iv leaner here and the horrible event that pushed me to dig a bit deeper into myself. I'm sure many of you might not understand what I mean but anyways I thank you all:)
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1424 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2021  09:30 am  Show Profile   Check walk2dwater's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add walk2dwater to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Keep whatever you like. Nobody can stop you. Just try to keep in mind that what you may think is 'collectible' might not always jive with what others think is 'collectible.'

As far as fancy serial numbers go, typically birth-year or birthday notes have all the digits together. So if you want to commemorate 2020-2021 than the number would normally be:
0002020 or 0002021
['Fancy' numbers, IMO, are numbers that are special to you so they may be a bit more of a specialty or niche collector's thing].

Here's a link to an American table on Special serial numbers. It's a bit different than what we collect in Canada (since they use 8 digits & we have 7). Some people collect "near solids" but I think they're a bit more popular there & I really don't hear much about quads & other ebay terms here as much.
http://goccf.com/t/407793#3495924
[Special serial numbers are well defined & can be found at the back of catalogues & usually every collector will agree that they're rare & desirable]
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1641 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2021  11:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@walk2dwater, I'm aware I can collect what I'd like, I called this sentimental to me specifically and said I would be keeping it as a reminder. Have no intention of ever trying to sell it it's a 5$ reminder of when my numismatic journey started, also the birth of my son, and the bad time in between represented by the 666. Iv read up on collectable bills like 1234567 and 7654321, or 1122112, also even area codes like 0090500, and bills in the thousands 0001234 etc etc.

Anything can represent anything to anyone so I chose for it to represent what I said. 20,666,21 the devil's year of separation but out of the bad came a lot of good for me specifically. This post was not so much about the bill as it is a thank you to everyone for sharing there knowledge and time. The bill is a sentimental piece to remind me of you guys and the year I started collecting.

Also that's why I said a 5$ bill worth 5$, I know it's not one of the collectable bills and it's shape is horrible lol. If I found a 0066600 that would be a keeper to preserve for a collection.
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 243Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05