Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1888 Indian Head Penny I Think Its The One Guys

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 333Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
75 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  8:34 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Grushna to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I got this in a coin roll today from old coin supply I don't know my eyes are getting bad and they're messing with me so if you guys can give me some insight please thank you

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
61493 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  8:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
if you're thinking this is the 1888/7 overdate, this is definitely not it. Date logo position relative to the bust point and the underlying denticles is wrong.
Valued Member
United States
75 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  10:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Grushna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah but did you zoom in from the bottom up to the middle right you could see it looks like A7 now my eyes can just be seeing things and I know it's not the one that they have listed but just to me it looks like one
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
61493 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2021  10:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is the correct position of the date relative to the bust tip and dentils for the overdate. It is the only known obverse. Yours does not match this, sorry.

Valued Member
United States
71 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2021  07:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jerry Picker to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a Snow-2. Blow up the bust at thebottom, there should be the serif of a 1 there at the pearl.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
53910 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2021  1:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just a damaged Indian Head cent. The damage makes this a cull coin.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
United States
5560 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2021  1:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Given the photos posted, I'm with the frog on this one.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2554 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2021  10:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Damaged.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
20394 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2021  1:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I disagree with damaged. There is something for sure under that last 8 and it looks like a 1. Is it possible that a 1881 got restamped as an 1888? I'd send it in to a TPGS.
just carl
Valued Member
United States
75 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2021  7:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Grushna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Carl it really does look like something under that last 8. Well hopefully we will find out.
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 333Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05