Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1947 B7 Ml For Grading Please

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 302Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

Canada
1644 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2021  07:54 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Probably one of the only cents iv found this old with a fair bit if luster left, it's a bit dirty, but there is a decent amount of hair detail left

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
61511 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2021  09:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll say AU-50.
Valued Member
Canada
281 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2021  09:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinman91 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VF-EF
There's always two sides to the coin if you have the patience to see. -Kathryn Budig
Pillar of the Community
Canada
5751 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2021  09:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looking at the 7 it has taken a hit and a bit out of focus it may be a pointed 7
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1644 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2021  09:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@mcshilling, I checked it out with my scope, definitely a blunt 7.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1644 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2021  10:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't think I'd put in in the VF range I'm thinking more XF-AU
Pillar of the Community
Canada
673 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2021  12:00 pm  Show Profile   Check TheDeductible's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TheDeductible to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
EF, me thinks.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
642 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2021  12:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silver101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
not cleaned at some point? That salmon pink....
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1644 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2021  1:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have never cleaned it, pulled it from a circulation roll my buddy got me from the bank, I'm also getting 10 rolls from Mississauga from him and 6 from another branch in Hamilton. Since they split all my main branch workers up to 3-4 different banks I'm going to get all the pennies at each bank. Iv thought about giving it an acetone bath but have yet to do anything with the coin.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1644 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2021  1:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The pinkish to get could just be due to the dirt or grime on the coin, would you recommend acetone soak? Mayb it's a red but dirty.
Valued Member
Canada
223 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2021  3:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sammeli to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Vf- Ef for me
Pillar of the Community
Canada
849 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2021  3:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Numis-Northerner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
High VF blow EF. Likely cleaned at some point.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1644 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2021  4:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The colour makes you think cleaned? Maybe I'll just give it an acetone soak and see if it effect the colour. Iv read that acetone some people say is not really cleaning I'm not sure how that's true or if it is. Either way not nice enough to warrent being worried how acetone might effect the coin.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
849 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2021  9:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Numis-Northerner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If I'm not mistaken, acetone (pure acetone) doesn't touch the coins surface, it kind of gets under any sort of dirt and coaxes it off.
  Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 302Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.3 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05