Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

New Guy From Ohio! Glad To Meet Everyone

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 228Next Topic  

United States
0 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2021  11:40 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Herb_T to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Long time admirer of coins but a newbie to coin collecting. My wife has had a Morgan collection for the past 40 years. She started collecting when she was 16 working at the local ice cream stand. I used to collect pennies and tucked them in an album.

Recently she was on an auction site and asked me I wanted her to bid on some coins for.Silver Eagle proofs. That was my start.and as you all know, a very slippery slope!

That's my story.the rest is history!
Learn More...
United States
104754 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
United States
41224 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2021  1:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
404 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2021  3:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hokiefan_82 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

We all know that "slippery slope", even for long-time collectors! For me it usually starts with "I think I'll get an example of X, even though I don't collect those", and before long I'm jumping in with both feet into another area of collecting .
Pillar of the Community
United States
3800 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2021  7:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KenKat to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
from an old guy from Ohio
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
9301 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2021  7:09 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
from England!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
18297 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2021  9:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To the Forum.
United States
0 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2021  08:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Herb_T to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you everyone. I am glad to be here. My primary collecting targets are Silver Eagles, Gold Eagles, $5, $10 & $20 Eagles and 50c Capped Bust. I started with the Silver Eagles and still have holes but I started worrying about milk spots and that caused me to look at the newer gold eagles. Thinking about after I had amassed a vast collection of silver and gold eagles I started looking at 1/2, full and double eagles. I inadvertently picked up a 50c capped bust and I really liked the variations that exist might be called errors in today's market buy were perfectly acceptable. And so, here I am!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2554 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2021  9:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Valued Member
United States
171 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2021  05:01 am  Show Profile   Check OriginalAtog's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add OriginalAtog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To the forums!
Pillar of the Community
United States
5074 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2021  10:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jack jeckel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 228Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.32 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05