Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1975 Jefferson Nickel Error From Factory?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 332Next Topic  

United States
4 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2021  12:23 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Bet84 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
It looks like a dd but halfway thru it spun the then stamped partially again?

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
54091 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2021  12:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is a wrecked car a factory error? No it was damaged later.

Same as this coin it was struck had it day and in circulation it was damaged. Not a mint error.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
12088 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2021  1:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the CCF

FYI-
Coins are produced at the mint, not a factory.

What you have is just a damaged coin, no errors.
There is nothing there that could occur during the
striking of the coin. Value 5 cents
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
61761 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2021  1:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

to the CCF!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12020 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2021  1:56 pm  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with the damage hypothesis.

In Memory of Crazyb0 12-26-1951 to 7-27-2020
In Memory of Tootallious 3-31-1964 to 4-15-2020

Oh that I was where I would be,
Then I would be where I am not,
Here I am where I must be,
Go where I would, I can not.
Learn More...
United States
105093 Posts
United States
4 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2021  3:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bet84 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I see a big E between N and G and other on scalp
Pillar of the Community
United States
7187 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2021  3:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Damage. I suggest you become familiar with the minting process to help you understand how coins are made to help you distinguish damage from true errors. Plus, read past pages here on CCF to help you as well.

to the CCF!
ça va bien aller

Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
418 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2021  3:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hokiefan_82 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I see a big E between N and G and other on scalp

I see what you're talking about, but with the large number of random scratches, marks, gouges, and other damage, what we're dealing with here is just an example of Pareidolia.
Edited by hokiefan_82
09/21/2021 3:53 pm
United States
4 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2021  5:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bet84 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you and thanks for warm welcomage, I'm trying to learn that's why I'm here. I also have more I like to learn about. But like to without being treated dumb thanks.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1705 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2021  6:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Bet84, some of the members can come off that way at first, there is many people that join and ask questions daily about damaged coins and then just leave the forum. Some of the worlds for most experts on error coins reside in this forum so they will always recommend research research research. When it comes to errors the first thing you need to know is there is only so many things that happen at the mint that cause error coins. Once you know how a coin is made and research different types of true errors it becomes a bit easier. As for coop and the damaged vehicle, it's just a simple way of saying there is only so many mint errors but there is infinite types of damage, (they used similar hypothetical questions on me) I see coop refered to as a doctor a lot, I'm not sure if he is a real doctor? But I'm sure he has spent just as much(if not more) time studying coins and researching as some world top doctors. If you stay with this forum and continue to study you will learn a lot, I know I have and I'm still a "noob"
United States
4 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2021  8:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bet84 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My apologies, I seen the links and realized it wasn't personal, they where helping me learn thank you.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1705 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2021  8:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They are great at that. Iv been slowly growing for the last year that I have been active(I have a busy life) but I have learned so much from the members here, they want you to grow. many new members just want to make a quick buck others expect to find a gold mine, but it's like winning a lottery if you don't know anything.The more you research the more you grow and understand. The members here will give you nothing but great advice, though some of them can be a little "spicy" lol

Edit: correcting grammer.
Edited by Wrekkdd
09/21/2021 8:34 pm
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
418 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2021  9:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hokiefan_82 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Bet84 - please don't take any advice, even if it may be seemingly a bit abrupt at times, as any slight on you personally. There are probably a couple dozen questions posted every day on damaged coins, so the answers are often a bit short with fairly basic information and references.

This is a wonderful hobby, but with a long learning curve. The experts are here, and there are great educational resources to be found on this site as well.

Spend some time looking through older topics in the forums that interest you, and you may be surprised at how much you will learn just from that! For example, looking through the many, many topics on error coins and reading up on the comments and references provided will help you begin to learn to distinguish damage from a true mint-produced error.

The advice on learning the details on how coins are actually minted is really important in helping understand how different types of error coins and varieties can be created.

And, while I forgot in my earlier post,
Edited by hokiefan_82
09/21/2021 10:09 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 332Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.36 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05