Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1993 Lincoln Cent Double Die On Reverse Side

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 281Next Topic  

United States
1 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2021  11:29 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add BobbieQueenBee to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi! I'm new here, well I've never posted anything here until now. I found this very messed up penny in an old piggy bank at my dad's house today. At immediate glance, I knew it wasn't normal. Could anyone give me some thoughts of what I have here? I've been slowly trying to learn a little about coins, starting by separating (by the year) all of my dads nickels that he threw in a box for years when I was a child. I got them separated but I also got very overwhelmed because of how many there were. So I will start with this penny if I can figure out how to upload my photos of it. Thank you so much for your time.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
53882 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2021  04:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The coin was struck normal, but the coins surface is suffering. I see nothing as a plus on this coin. The areas you are seeing something, from the images provided I don't see a variety. Maybe a closer view of what you are looking seeing might help?
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Bedrock of the Community
United States
41198 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2021  04:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
. Going to need better photos. One full coin photo of the obverse and one full coin photo of the reverse as well as one or two close ups where and when needed. Just a FYI: it is a cent not a penny.Also,please properly rotate coin and photos before posting.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
2476 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2021  06:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add levelsofmadnes to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
BobbieQueenBee to the CCF!

nice pictures for your first posting. I agree with the above statements. if you can change the title from Jefferson to Lincoln that would be great.

most of the documentation that I have seen lately refer to this denomination as a PENNY, so put a check mark in the PENNY column for me. but I refer to this as a penny and cent from time to time.

good luck on future finds!
Learn More...
United States
20840 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2021  06:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@bob, first welcome to CCF. Second, it would help us to know where you are seeing doubling. I've taken your pic and rotated, cropped, enlarged, and enhanced it, but am not seeing any doubling. We need a good close-up pic of what you are seeing with the coin in hand. Thx.

"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Pillar of the Community
United States
5552 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2021  06:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Given the photos posted, I'm seeing a common '93 Memorial cent. Not seeing any doubling.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
61442 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2021  09:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
These images are very difficult to evaluate.

to the CCF!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
53882 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2021  12:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What to look for on the DDR's for this year? Side by sides help:

These side by side images will help you see is it really different? Is it normal, or is a enlarged. That is what I use a lot. It was my concept to show what is Machine Doubling or hub doubling. Normal coin or a doubled die. Die states in progression. So many ways I've used this to help sift out the real ones we are looking for. The examples above are not all doubled dies, but what others thought were doubled dies and some that were. So study them. Also look up on the sites the example all ready attributed. That will give you more things to look for during the searching. I know what the process you are using. Your not sure what to look for, then you start looking harder and find Machine Doubling. When you know what you are looking for, you look for the spread of a doubled die, if not there, you move on to the next coin. Seconds per coin. But you need to know what to look for first. Train your eye, and you will reduce eye strain.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
United States
7070 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2021  10:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Better photos would be helpful, but can you tell us what you see as an issue with your coin, please?

I'm in the CENT camp as well. When I see the word "penny" I think of a British penny. In GB, a "penny" is the formal name of it's smallest denomination, but here in the States, a penny is it's informal (unofficial) name.

to the CCF!
ša va bien aller

Pillar of the Community
United States
2554 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2021  10:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the Community!
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 281Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.31 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05