Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1 Great Deal Auctions

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 390Next Topic  
United States
5 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2021  08:14 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add t25135 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello,

Has anyone had any experience with 1 Great Deal Auctions? I was curious because I just started looking there 2 weeks ago and they seemed to have a decent offering of notes each week but what was curious was that of the 6 notes that I was watching the first week, 3 of them came back up for sale the very auction (same serial numbers and not just the same type of note). Of those 3, 1 came back this week. Normally I wouldn't think twice but these notes also were going for a lot higher than what I would have expected with the link to the note below having sold for $3k in the past two auctions. Am I being too much of a pessimist or does anyone else think that there is something fishy going on where maybe someone is trying to bid up the prices on their own notes and then re-offering the ones where they don't get outbid on?

*** New Member Link Removed by the Staff ***

Thanks
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
61486 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2021  09:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
First I've heard of them!

to the CCF!
Learn More...
United States
104701 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
3370 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2021  12:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Normally I wouldn't think twice but these notes also were going for a lot higher than what I would have expected with the link to the note below having sold for $3k in the past two auctions.

Welcome to CCF. I'm having a problem comprehending this sentence.

I'm currently active on at least four different, trusted, major auction houses, which is more than enough for me. I'm aware there are smaller venues, but for now they don't interest me.
Edited by SteveInTampa
09/22/2021 12:15 pm
United States
5 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2021  12:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add t25135 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Steve, here's an attempt to clarify. My Arkansan upbringing sometimes gets in the way of readable English lol.

The note sold in an auction 2 weeks ago for $3k (not inclusive of the buyer's premium). It was then relisted in last weekend's auction and sold for $3k. It is now relisted in this upcoming weekend's auction. I was surprised that it was selling that high given that I thought the same grade/FR has been transacting on Ebay for sub $2k recently.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3370 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2021  3:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the explanation. I understand why you're suspicious.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
402 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2021  5:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hokiefan_82 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've never heard of them. Seems a bit odd, to say the least.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2752 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2021  12:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add WheatBack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes I've seen their auctions and I've also noticed the same thing you have. BK Auctions and Silver City Auctions do the exact same thing. I steer clear.
Edited by WheatBack
09/23/2021 12:45 pm
United States
5 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2021  2:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add t25135 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks! That is helpful to know what other auction houses to avoid. I think that this might lead to a new post asking which auction house/websites people would reco.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2752 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2021  3:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add WheatBack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Heritage, Stacks Bowers, Great Collections are definitely good. There's been many other smaller auction houses that I've dealt with over the years too that were great, but those are the big 3 that I've bought from before.
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 390Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.27 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05