Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

#291 . Morgan Dollar 1989 P . Grading And Opinions Please

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 303Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
559 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2021  10:00 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add KauaiHawaiiGuy to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
So this is the same coin I submitted the other day but I hadn't received the coin yet and was using the sellers pictures. Some of you already graded it but I was asked to post some of my own pictures once I have the coin in hand. That's what I'm doing. So whether you comment or re-grade based on these pictures is your choice of course, but these are my own pictures and in hand the coin looks better than the sellers pictures made it look.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
61514 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2021  10:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll say MS-63.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3081 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2021  3:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Didnt see your first post on this one, but I'll say AU58. Broken luster on high points. Reverse fields also look like they've seen some luster disruption too, most noticeable below the Eagles left wing. Could be the lighting.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4379 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2021  6:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fenton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Slider. I'll give it the benefit of the doubt and say MS-63 as well.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5639 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2021  7:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jaobler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Luster is pretty good. Contact marks on cheek and nose are noticeable but not too bad. Friction in reverse fields confirms this coin should not qualify as unc. AU-58.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1557 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2021  7:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS-63, but mainly due to better reverse.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3369 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2021  9:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU-58 with the new pics.
Valued Member
United States
375 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2021  9:27 pm  Show Profile   Check jacrispies's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jacrispies to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU58
There is a lack of complete luster in the fields.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
61514 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2021  9:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
First pics do not lie, sticking with 63.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2554 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2021  9:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A 63 here too.
United States
45 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2021  10:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumismaticsFTW to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU-63
Pillar of the Community
United States
1088 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2021  11:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ham1947 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Major hits on the cheek and behind the nose. MS61
Pillar of the Community
United States
6065 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2021  11:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm in the 63 family. The contact marks around the mouth hurt it.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10673 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2021  11:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
big difference in the in-hand photo of the reverse. typical weak strike for the year. the gash on the nose is right in a key area so has more affect on grade than it normally would. AU58 or MS63. my first though was also slider
Pillar of the Community
United States
845 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2021  11:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JasonKflo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ill say 63
  Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 303Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.33 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05