Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Post Your Coins Or Medals With Industrial Imagery

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 47 / Views: 1,020Next Topic
Page: of 4
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6587 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2021  11:05 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
In the Post Your Coins with "Pieces of the Sea" thread, Daltonista posted to me:

Quote:
Just wait until you start a thread for industrial images! (Mines, factories, mills, smokestacks, etc.)

In response, how could I not create such a thread!

So, the floor is yours...

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6587 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2021  11:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll kick things off with a coin from my Canadian silver dollar collection.

Back in 1988, Canada released a commemorative silver dollar recognizing the founding of the commercial ironworks at St. Maurice in Quebec (Forges du Saint-Maurice) in 1738.

The coin's commemorative reverse depicts two iron workers hard at work at the forge; the design was the work of R.R. Carmichael.

1988 St. Maurice Ironworks Silver Dollar

For more on the coin and the Ironworks itself, check out my previous post here:

- 1988 Ironworks at St. Maurice

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Edited by commems
09/22/2021 11:08 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
685 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2021  11:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrwhatisit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have several that I have to dig out...
Learn More...
United States
105091 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2021  11:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
1988 St. Maurice Ironworks Silver Dollar
Very nice!

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
18309 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2021  11:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1925 R USSR.
50 Kopeks.

Learn More...
United States
105091 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
2567 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2021  9:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice!
Valued Member
United States
419 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2021  11:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CentSation to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ironworker on a "counterfeit" Conder token.

Those who know what's best for us, must rise and save us from ourselves -- Witch Hunt
Edited by CentSation
09/22/2021 11:56 pm
Pillar of the Community
Australia
3270 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2021  05:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Italy 1973 50 Lire.
Not sure blacksmithing in the nude is a good idea.

U.S.A. 2019 Quarter.

South Sudan 2015 10 Piastres

Steve :)
View my Coins here, (NOW WITH OVER 16,000 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 237
Edited by triggersmob
09/23/2021 05:59 am
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6587 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2021  07:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The "industry" connection for this next coin is more symbolic than literal - I refer to the 1893 Isabella Quarter that was issued to help provide financial support to the Board of Lady Managers for their participation in the World's Columbian Exposition held in Chicago in 1893.

The reverse of the coin features a female figure, kneeling, facing left and holding a distaff in her left hand linked to a spindle held in her right. The design was meant to be symbolic of women's industry, using the thread/yarn manufacturing industry as its model. It can be argued, however, that Charles Barber's portrayal was about 100 years out of date as it failed to present the then-current tools and manufacturing methods of the industry! (See the link to the "Coins with Hands Thread" below for the full story.)

The obverse of the 1893 Isabella souvenir quarter features a portrait of the Spanish Queen, Isabella I of Castile; Isabella and her husband, King Ferdinand V, sponsored Christopher Columbus' 1492 voyage to the New World. She is depicted facing left and wearing a jeweled crown.

1893 World's Columbian Exposition Isabella Quarter Dollar

I have previously posted about the Isabella coin here:

- 1893 Isabella Quarter
- 1893 Isabella Quarter - Coins with Hats Thread
- 1893 Isabella Quarter - Coins with Hands Thread

Other of my posts about commemorative coins, classic and modern, are here: Commems Collection

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6587 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2021  07:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Not sure blacksmithing in the nude is a good idea.

It certainly wouldn't be my "go to" outfit of choice!

Edited by commems
09/23/2021 07:09 am
Learn More...
United States
105091 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2021  09:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The "industry" connection for this next coin is more symbolic than literal...
Very interesting, I never would have realized it!

The recent examples are great!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6587 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2021  10:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Very interesting, I never would have realized it!

It's definitely not "in your face" obvious!

Pillar of the Community
United States
685 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2021  11:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrwhatisit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is one of my favorites in my foreign coins with industrial imagery, Saarland 1954 50 franken and this is the hardest of the four denominations to find.

-
Edited by mrwhatisit
09/23/2021 11:30 am
Learn More...
United States
105091 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2021  11:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Here is one of my favorites in my foreign coins with industrial imagery, Saarland 1954 50 franken and this is the hardest of the four denominations to find.
Outstanding!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
18309 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2021  12:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1793 UK.
Penny token ,Warwickshire - Birmingham

Obverse:
Figure of a boy with spanner in right hand standing by large screw auger.
Page: of 4 Previous TopicReplies: 47 / Views: 1,020Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.49 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05