Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

7th Peace Dollar Struck At San Francisco Mint

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 835Next Topic
Page: of 2
United States
27 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2021  6:48 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add OldSilverDollar to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Wow the 7th one ever minted..wonder if someone has number one and could it get a 1st strike label?
https://www.ma-shops.com/minshull/item.php?id=1097

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
62926 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2021  7:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I find the Minshull offering appropriately grab-ass in this day and age.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3616 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2021  7:39 pm  Show Profile   Check silverwolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add silverwolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
only $96,000 are you kidding me..
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
19262 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2021  9:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This eBay offering should receive an automatic an instant response to completely ignore it.

My first assumption is 'fake holder', and I would not have the slightest intention to further consider, even if I was proved wrong.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2397 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2021  10:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thq to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not my favorite.
"Two minutes ago I would have sold my chances for a tired dime." Fred Astaire
Pillar of the Community
United States
8555 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2021  10:52 pm  Show Profile   Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Lee Minshull is a old time large high dollar volume dealer. I also see a lot of other legitimate dealers setting up at MA-Shops the Chinese backed site competing with eBay. Mostly high dollar coins too. Wonder if it's because eBay customer service and dealer service has become so poor in the past year or so? I almost hate to list there any more, while I haven't been scammed on any coin related items, I have been scammed on 3 higher dollar ($300-$900) items over the past year, and eBay has not been helpful at all,and I'm pretty careful about who I chose to sell to. Lessons learned, eBay is not a very trust worthy site any longer, at least not for sellers.

The coin is on his site (not just the MA-Shops site) I don't see anything wrong with it except the price, I can't see it being worth $75K either. https://minshulltrading.com/invento...-1-ms63-NGC/ (On his inventory site there are no prices listed - it's call to inquire).

Quote:
silverwolf: only $96,000 are you kidding me

I don't see anywhere that price I do see $75K at the link from the post though.

Here is one auction of the first 1879-O Morgan that was struck and sold by Stack's/Bowers it only brought $19K
https://auctions.stacksbowers.com/l...engraved-NGC

I think the coin is real and probably the 7th struck, I don't think it's worth anywhere near the money Minshull Trading is asking for it. I wonder if the coin and the letter could have been separated at any time? How can NGC prove this is that 7th coin based off that letter only? For me it's interesting, but not worth even considering, beyond how NGC can guarantee it's provenance so precisely.
"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013!
ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1982, EAC Member #6202, NBS Member, 2 variety collector.

See my want page: http://goccf.com/t/140440
Bedrock of the Community
United States
41961 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2021  05:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So is MA-Shops trusted or not? They advertise here on CCF.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
8555 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2021  05:40 am  Show Profile   Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think MA-Shops are okay from what I know, I haven't purchased anything myself through them, from the website they say they have been around since 2005 and were created by Joachim Schwiening, Founder and CEO.

I was always under the impression they were part of Jack Ma business empire (the Chinese Alibaba CEO that was disappeared for awhile by the CCP).

Obviously I was wrong, they have pretty serious conditions to be listed as a dealer there: https://www.ma-shops.com/shops/help...ang=en&id=31
"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013!
ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1982, EAC Member #6202, NBS Member, 2 variety collector.

See my want page: http://goccf.com/t/140440
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3616 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2021  07:25 am  Show Profile   Check silverwolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add silverwolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I don't see anywhere that price I do see $75K at the link from the post though

75,000.00 USA funds.
96,000.00 Canada funds.
Learn More...
United States
106502 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2021  09:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is interesting!

Thank you for the additional information, westcoin.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2397 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2021  10:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thq to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Whether it's MAShops, or Collector's Corner, or VCoins, or the bays, so many sellers are going for the big score. This plug ugly dollar is a really good example of other coins priced not to sell these days. The low end has disappeared, packaged into unaffordable details slabs.
"Two minutes ago I would have sold my chances for a tired dime." Fred Astaire
Valued Member
United States
455 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2021  11:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add psuman08 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ugly coin. Eye appeal is a zero for me. I wouldn't want it for $50.
Learn More...
United States
106502 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2021  11:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The buyer is looking for a "low serial number," not the beauty of the ball.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2679 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2021  9:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't like it.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1996 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2021  11:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kbbpll to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It made me chuckle when I looked up the cert# and the price guide says $115. Being in 7th place doesn't get you much in the Olympics either. The letter is cool though.
Learn More...
United States
106502 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2021  10:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Being in 7th place doesn't get you much in the Olympics either.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 835Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.45 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: