Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

What Kind Of 1922 Lincoln Cent Have I Got Here?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 310Next Topic  

United States
17 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2021  3:20 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add KBecker to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi gang, From my research at the Lincolncentresource.com site, I *think* I have a 1922 Lincoln Cent "Die Pair 4"("coat tails") but that's where I'll hand it off to the community for better "eyes on."

I'm shooting in RAW on my iphone for best quality, but I recognize that the final optimized results are still mucky, so I apologize in advance. (If it turns out to be a valuable 1922 Cent, I promise to invest in better photography equipment.)

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
62691 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2021  3:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just a badly damaged 1922-D, worth very little in this condition. The "D" mintmark seems clear, at least to me.
Edited by Coinfrog
09/23/2021 5:42 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
12526 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2021  4:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The coin is so badly worn it would be hard to say for sure but I think Coinfrog is right. It is a regular 1922 D
United States
17 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2021  4:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KBecker to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
darn... I beginning to see a pattern here of constantly finding "aww, sorry man - you have something that's ALMOST a diamond, but is still a lump of coal. Back to the mines - no early retirement yet, friend..."
Valued Member
United States
74 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2021  5:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinMan2003 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Have you checked this out with a louper?

There are 3 varieties of mint mark here - D, Weak D, No D

Looks like even in good condition - good money for the No mint mark variety.

I can't tell in your picture whats below the date.

On Ebay 1922 with weak D in "Good" Condition sold for $50-60
The No D variety in "Good 6" condition sold for $450
Sold listings not just what someone was asking.
Even normal D variety is worth $10 - I'd keep it :)

Better pic of mint mark would be good.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
62691 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2021  5:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree, a close-up of the date/MM area would clarity.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17236 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2021  7:44 pm  Show Profile   Check BadThad's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like there's a trace of a MM. Coin has been harshly cleaned, just a regular 22D.
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2679 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2021  9:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
a $5 dollar G details cleaned rim damage coin
Pillar of the Community
United States
820 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2021  9:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrwhatisit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll add that there is not only a worn D mintmark, but there is also a weak-D stage where the D is barely visible just as a little lump where it should be. I have a nice one in my collection since the 22-D is one of my favorite dates to collect in this series.
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 310Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.24 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: