Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Just Thought I`d Share Part Of A Collection

First page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 34 / Views: 1,042Next Topic
Page: of 3
Valued Member
United States
90 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2021  12:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bestjet to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thx Spence. And a whizzer could very well be. Hoped people would enjoy it. Here is the finished product. It is missing 4 yrs and many different mint marks. Here are the best pics I could get of these two sets to show their brilliance. I don`t have a set up for pics other than my iphone and my pluggable scope. Gotta figure something out to get pics like ya`ll get. if there`s any yrs I have any one wants pics for let me know and ill put them up here on my scope. Now iv`e got to go through all of them for variety`s and errors and stuff. Any suggestions as to which I should be looking for? If I find any I will definitely post them. Might take a week or two though, haha.

Pillar of the Community
United States
2567 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2021  7:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Have you searched them for RPM's yet? Looks like this would be a fruitful lot.
Valued Member
United States
90 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2021  1:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bestjet to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
oldfordman I am going through them now. I am up to 1914. This 1913 I thought was a good looking coin for 108 yrs old as compared to this 1 yr later 1914. haha. but this is how I have them sorted. Didnt know how I was going to do it and the wife (of course) came up with this idea. Pretty good I guess . I will of course post all my finds. this might go on for a while guys (n gals) so bear with me please, I'm old and slow.

Learn More...
United States
105081 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
672 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2021  4:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter4 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That one 1958 looks like it might be an impaired proof
Elliot Mitchell
Experienced coin roll hunter with 5+ years in the hobby
My Registry Type Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/334324/
My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/408555
ANA # 3204217
CONECA # Y-6505
Learn More...
United States
105081 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2021  5:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
That one 1958 looks like it might be an impaired proof
A second look, it may be!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17187 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2021  8:40 pm  Show Profile   Check BadThad's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry for youR loss.

I have also lost loved ones and friends that left me coins. Some of the best coins in my collection came from these "old school" hoards. I even had several giant water bottles just like your picture - full to the top. You wouldn't believe the coins I got from those - like a 1999 WAM that NGC certified MS-65. Sold it for $550.

Look those coins over closely! GOOD LUCK!

Lincoln Cent Lover!
Valued Member
United States
90 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2021  9:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bestjet to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well thank you badthad. The water jug is my wife's and mine we've been filling for years. This part of the collection was my dads. There's old foreign stuff, coins and paper, old mpc's (military payment certificates) from all over, and some silver and nickels and stuff. I've already been on our foreign coin forum for help. And jbuck and coinhunter4 I started my scrutiny of the coins at 1909. I'm up to 1926 now. Got a long way to go to "58". Haha. I will look up impaired proof and put it back up for y'all tomorrow. I'm being careful looking at each coin but I'm having issues with lighting on my scope. But I'm not selling them they'll be put in folders for the grand kids. Unless of course I find a million $ coin then it's off to the races woohoo. Back tomorrow guys thx for looking and inputing it's really great
United States
47 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2021  10:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DanFielding to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good luck on your search. I too was a novice that was given, rather told by my mother, "These are your dad's coins, get rid of them." That journey is documented here http://goccf.com/t/398901

Because of the gift I was given I am now one them! I'm buying albums, slipcases, etc. I never found that "million dollar coin" and I didn't expect too. You shouldn't expect it either, just enjoy the journey. If you DO happen to find the million dollar coin that will just be a bonus.

I'm hoping to pass them on to my kids, but who knows...
Edited by DanFielding
09/28/2021 10:56 am
Valued Member
United States
90 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2021  6:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bestjet to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey DanFielding, great story, just finished it. I'm on the same kind of journey. What I think makes mine such a great one, (I'm sure yours also), is that I'm doing the exact (almost) same thing as my dad. I will put my fingers on every coin he put his fingers on. It's a very emotional and exciting journey. Dollar value is irrelevant to me. The hunt, and excitement of a find, the learning process is so much more important. But IF I did find that $1 mill coin who knows. But that's not what it's about for me. But for now I shall go back to the hunt. And jbuck and coinhunter4 which 58 do you think might be the impaired proof? I have read a bunch about what and how they are but not sure which one y'all think it is?
Pillar of the Community
United States
672 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2021  8:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter4 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This one:

I am 98% sure it is a proof.
Elliot Mitchell
ANA # 3204217
CONECA # Y-6505
Valued Member
United States
90 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2021  10:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bestjet to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok coinhunter4 here are 2 pics and they are bad. Sorry I am trying to figure out my lighting. Ive been in the photo forum to get suggestions and info. I will post 2 more tomorrow in the daylight. This drives me crazy..... Thanks a lot! Well I went to the kitchen and tried 2 more.

Pillar of the Community
United States
672 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2021  08:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter4 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is it reflective?
Elliot Mitchell
ANA # 3204217
CONECA # Y-6505
Learn More...
United States
105081 Posts
Valued Member
United States
90 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2021  2:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bestjet to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very reflective. When I get home I'll get some better pics. John1 gave me a few pointers and I watched blueridgesilverhunter on YouTube about taking coin photos and learned stuff about my iPhone camera I had no idea about. So hang tight I'll be back. Thx guys
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 34 / Views: 1,042Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.45 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05