Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1953 1c Is This A D/D Or MD

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 481Next Topic
Page: of 2

United States
32 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2021  01:10 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add ledzep to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
i think it is a D/D but was hesitant because of the shelf like appearance and that I didn't see it on Lincolncentsonline....please look at the tilt of the D to the west, I don't think it mimics the outline of the main D, or does it?, or am I seeing things and wishing it's a D/D
Pillar of the Community
United States
5709 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2021  01:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chase007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It looks like the RPM-001, mint mark is in the correct position.
http://www.coppercoins.com/lincoln/...ie_state=mds
Bedrock of the Community
United States
41198 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2021  04:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agreed, It is a RPM=re-punched mint mark not a DD=doubled die or a MD=machine doubled.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Learn More...
United States
20840 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2021  06:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ooh that is a good one @led! Worthy of storing in a 2x2.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
11944 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2021  06:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find.
You can't have a DD on a 1953 mm. As explained it is a Repunched mm
Pillar of the Community
United States
5552 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2021  07:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very cool! If not too late, would like to see full and sharp photos of the coin's obverse and reverse. Thanks.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
748 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2021  07:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice fin, ledzep! As Chase007 said, RPM-001. Looks to be a late die stage to, there is no "PRESENCE" of the re-punching inside the mm anymore. Scroll down to Stage D and E and you will see it looks like yours.

LINK http://www.varietyvista.com/02a%20L...3DRPM001.htm
-makecents-
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
53882 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2021  08:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So why is this not Machine Doubling? Note the width of the vertical bar.

The width is wider than a normal mintmark. This is evidence of a RPM. A second punching that makes this a RPM.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Edited by coop
09/24/2021 08:37 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
585 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2021  09:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter4 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice find! Definitely flip it up if you can.
Elliot Mitchell
Experienced coin roll hunter with 5+ years in the hobby
My Registry Type Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/334324/
My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/408555
ANA # 3204217
CONECA # Y-6505
United States
32 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2021  5:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ledzep to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you all for the wonderful comments it's good to see my observation was correct and I'm not seeing things
Pillar of the Community
United States
2554 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2021  8:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice find!
Pillar of the Community
United States
809 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2021  07:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add smat45 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
it's good to see my observation was correct and I'm not seeing things

Nope...you're not Dazed and Confused...nice Swan song!

smat
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
748 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2021  08:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@smat.
Quote:
Nope...you're not Dazed and Confused...nice Swan song!
Nobody picked up on my album above....
-makecents-
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
53882 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2021  1:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

When I saw this sign, I had to add the flying pigs to it.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays

United States
32 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2021  4:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ledzep to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
yes ....love the reference, thanks guys (was listening to..Kashmir when I signed up)...

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
53882 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2021  4:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You mean the "L/Z" music? Ooooooooooo, Yeah.
sfR_HWMzgyc

I used to play Drums to that song. (Traded places with the Drummer)

Richard S. Cooper

Edited by coop
09/26/2021 4:11 pm
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 481Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05