Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1909 Obverse Cleaned I Think . What Are The Signs

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 352Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
152 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2021  11:11 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add grospoisson to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

1909 vdb , when coin is in hand it's obviously been dipped (or so I think).. The old collectors dipped most of their coins and I think this is one of them. opinions and grade as if it were original
Learn More...
United States
21371 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2021  11:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@gros, as with your other thread, pls add a pic of the reverse of this coin. Also, this pic is a bit blurry, which makes it hard to see what you are seeing with the coin in hand. Better pics help us to help you. Thx.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Pillar of the Community
United States
5894 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2021  12:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Appears to have been cleaned and polished, perhaps even plated. Better pics may tell a better story. Thanks.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
62783 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2021  12:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sharper obverse pic and a reverse pic as well please.
Edited by Coinfrog
09/25/2021 11:44 am
Valued Member
United States
152 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2021  1:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add grospoisson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I took these pictures with my phone and tried to get as close as possible. I even magnified image on my phone .. Suggestions on how to sharpen image would be greatly appreciated. I had just enough time to post these two obverse pictures). I will post obverse and reverse side by side as soon as I can figure out how to do that. I have an Andrew phone (as my grandson would say). I am sure it would take better images and I am on my way to learning how to do this. I have two dozen coins I need expert advice on. Pictures coming soon to a theater near you.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1238 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2021  5:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nick10 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Even Maxwell Smart does not get a good phone connection with a camera. Best pics will come from a real camera plus editing software, even something free like IrfanView.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17237 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2021  6:50 pm  Show Profile   Check BadThad's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Need to see both sides.
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Pillar of the Community
United States
7910 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2021  8:52 pm  Show Profile   Check 52Raymo's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 52Raymo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You can edit your pics with your phones camera set up.
Oregon coin geek.....*** GO BEAVS ! ! ! ***
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10862 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2021  11:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
take you shots straight up and down not an angle. add both sides and do not use overhead lighting which produces that glare. you were a little too close to the coin to get a sharp photo so back away a little. you can always crop it to make it larger.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2679 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2021  8:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I need better pics to asses this coin.
Valued Member
United States
152 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2021  08:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add grospoisson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I will do that guys and I see several of you who responded are very informative.
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 352Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.36 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: