Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Fairly Large Die Crack 2010 Lincoln Shield Cent

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 258Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

Canada
1641 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2021  2:07 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I know it's just a die crack but figured I'd share, on of the larger ones I have seen, figured the whole coin shots are not needed for just a die crack, I was going to take the shot on my scope but if I can capture a flaw or error without it I will just use my phone
Pillar of the Community
United States
7067 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2021  2:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You might want to adjust the brightness on your photo. Hard to tell if it's a crack or a scratch. It looks pretty straight for a crack, but I'm sure in hand you can tell. If it is a crack, it's a nice one!
ša va bien aller

Pillar of the Community
Canada
1641 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2021  2:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Definitely a crack from what I can tell from my scope, the only way to capture it was on an angle with the natural light.if you want I can show the shot through my scope. Some people prefer I don't take a picture of the screen on my scope so it's either a photo of the screen or what I can show with my phone or both if requested.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
744 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2021  2:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can't really tell from the angle you shot it from and as merclover said, it could be clearer but looks similar to COC's 01. Yours may be a new spike head though, where yours appears to go straight down after it hit's the head. LINK http://cuds-on-coins.com/lincoln-ce...s-2010-2019/
-makecents-
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1641 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2021  2:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I always try to avoid screen shots of my scope but here is a closer picture. I'm pretty sure it's a die crack and not a scratch.

On a side not I noticed when I take a shot of my scope screen the image file is very large compared to just my normal photos, and once cropped the screen becomes very "pixelated"
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
744 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2021  2:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Much better! Nice, that does not match any listings if you want to email it to JC. Make sure you follow his directions though. LINK http://cuds-on-coins.com/attributio...-what-to-do/
-makecents-
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1641 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2021  3:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have another one as well laying around somewhere, it might match up, are these one of the more collection die cracks? To my knowledge for the most part die cracks don't add any value as a collectable. And I'm not sure my images would be good enough to be listed lol.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1641 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2021  3:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ya looks like untill I get my computer up and running I can't have it listed, I'm sure they would not accept my current photos :p
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
744 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2021  3:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
are these one of the more collection die cracks?
As a rule, no. I still save them, put them in rolls as I run across them but don't even send to JC unless they are extreme. For me, they have become kind of like doubled columns, I save those for an attributor who is doing a study but don't keep them for myself. I have several rolls of the spike heads, if you want a roll, just let me know and I'll send it to you.
-makecents-
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1641 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2021  4:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@-makecents- I would like to have 1 of everything lol(at least what I can find) I have not found a die crack this big so it will just be a nice keeper for me, as for collecting these kinds of errors I would be on the same boat as you, save the best. As for a whole roll I definitely have no use for that lol, it would be fun to look at a bunch of different ones but not so much for my collection. I WOULD like a nice die crack Canadian coin,I can't really seem to find Die Deterioration errors like that on the more modern coins I go through, that's why I started searching nickels and cents because I can find pre 68 coins in them. Most dimes and quarters get pulled for there silver so coming across modern examples while roll searching is hard. Even on the pre 68 coins I have gotten I have yet to find much Die Deterioration, Canada's mint produced nothing compared to the US so I'm sure Die Deterioration errors on Canadian coins are much harder to come by, though I could probably buy some examples for very cheap, but I don't really trust random sellers on ebay.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
744 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2021  5:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, on the one thing you want, I can't help. I run across Canadian coins but not enough to find anything of worth. I did have this one that I found searching Lincoln rolls but gave it to a friend who collects world cents. Best Canadian find I've had.

If there is anything U.S. I can send you, let me know.
-makecents-
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1641 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2021  5:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@-makecents-, I appreciate it. I have yet to find anything pre 37 for Canadian cents, as for americain I still have a fair bit of both American and Canadian cents to inspect. I might even have some key date post 1910 coin. I have a lot of work to do once iv finished inspecting these.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2554 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2021  6:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice!
Pillar of the Community
United States
7067 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2021  12:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I might be able to help you with some pre-37 Canadian cents, unless you are still trying to find them in the wild. Shoot me an email. -Leslie
ša va bien aller

Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 258Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.34 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05