Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1999 D LMC. Feeder Finger Or ?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 161Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

United States
1145 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2021  5:12 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add RobO411 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Probably a well placed feeder finger but if I would run across the 1999 WDDR-036 I might think the same for it.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
744 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2021  5:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would guess a die abrasion. I've ran across a lot of these that I wanted to be doubled dies. I feel your pain, just don't try to force things, I went through the same process though.
-makecents-
Pillar of the Community
United States
2554 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2021  8:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1145 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2021  8:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add RobO411 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
. Thanks makecents. Thank you much for your input.

No worries about me forcing. I just have a lot of different oddities on coins from over 25-30 years of doing this hobby. I just have a lot of weird questions. Back in those days maybe not for everyone but for me I just thought the coin was an oddity. Just wrote it down and put them aside. Not the coins that was (obviously damaged.) Back in the day I didn't have access to so much information as is what available today.

By the way I've been wondering about the 2021 DDRs.
Have you run across any yet or has anyone else found any?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
744 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2021  9:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
No worries about me forcing. I just have a lot of different oddities on coins from over 25-30 years of doing this hobby. I just have a lot of weird questions. Back in those days maybe not for everyone but for me I just thought the coin was an oddity. Just wrote it down and put them aside. Not the coins that was (obviously damaged.) Back in the day I didn't have access to so much information as is what available today.
You've been doing this much longer than I have and I applaud you and others that were numismatist before the web, I know that many here were. Because of the internet, I have had a leg up from the beginning and it has allowed me to learn at a faster rate, with so much at my fingertips. There are certain aspects that the old school version of study gives one strength though, so ask away and if I can help I will. I may lean on your old school at some points too.
-makecents-
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
744 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2021  9:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would have to dig through my stuff to see but think I've only found a couple of DDO's, here is one.
-makecents-
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
744 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2021  9:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You have been finding the doubling in the actual shields haven't you? I was thinking you posted some for 2021 but could not find the threads. Some similar to Tanman's earlier finds.
-makecents-
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 161Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.3 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05