Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Roosevelt 2008-D 10 WDDR-001

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 232Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
119 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2021  6:24 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Ericwats to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi All,

I would love to get opinions on this coin. It does not appear to be an exact match but it does appear to be close to 2008-D WDDR-001 on the Wexler Roosevelt dime list. Does not have any extra die markers to look for in the description, however in my example there is a die chip in the second branch crook above the R in RIB.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Eric

Pillar of the Community
United States
2554 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2021  8:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Post pics of the doubling.
Valued Member
United States
119 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2021  9:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ericwats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The last picture is a close up of the top bands on the torch. The 2 ridges sticking out on the edge are the doubling.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
53900 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2021  1:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
http://doubleddie.com/2261537.html
Yes it is that one. Nice find. You must have been reading the site to know where to look on this one. Good job!
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Valued Member
United States
119 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2021  9:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ericwats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Coop,

Yes I have been doing a LOT of reading and will have to do a lot more! I only recently started looking at Varieties, even though I have been collecting for 50 years. I try to wait until I have 5 full roll of a particular coin by year and mint before inspecting, it make the reading lighter for that search. Then I search all the sights I can find to see what was found before. It is going to take me a VERY long time to get to any of the Philly mint coins or more trips to the east coast. All I get in Sacramento are Denver and the occasional older SF coin. I have my doubts I will figure out the "extra thickness" varieties.

Regards, Eric
Pillar of the Community
United States
3531 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2021  9:32 pm  Show Profile   Check Tanman2001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Tanman2001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The shape of this "doubling" doesn't look like WDDR-001 to me. I don't think it's a match to that die.

I've been skeptical of 2008-D WDDR-001 actually being a doubled die, the shape of it looks closer to examples of DDD that I've seen rather than a duplication of the bands. The 2016-D to 2019-D DDRs look legitimate though, they conform to the shape of the bands. (Although I have no idea what the doubling is on 2018-D WDDR-001 )

Regardless, whatever 2008-D WDDR-001 is, your coin is too. Probably not the same die though.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
53900 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2021  01:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The locations look like a match. I'll make some side by sides tomorrow. It looks small on this image. It might be die wear or even a new listing? So stay tuned to see what the results will be.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 232Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.35 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05