Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1999 P Roosevelt Dime Machine Doubling/Doubling And Die Cracks?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 301Next Topic  
United States
12 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2021  7:18 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Jtc8172003 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Here is a 1999P Roosevelt dime I found earlier. It has several things I found what appears to be including major die doubling, die cracks on Roosevelt's cheek by mouth and by his eye area. It also seems to have die cracks on the reverse as well. I placed arrows near the areas I thought looked different. Any opinions and help would be appreciated in figuring out what all is wrong with this dime. Also what grade do you think it is and do you think it could be worth anything? Pictures below! Thanks!

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***

Pillar of the Community
United States
2679 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2021  8:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MD die cracks and die chips
United States
37 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2021  9:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add singing to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice pictures.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
41913 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2021  05:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Jtc8172003,
to CCF. I think you win the prize for most pics in a single thread 30. When posting pics...one full coin pic of the obverse and one full coin pic of the reverse as well as one or two close ups where and when needed. If we need to see more we will ask you to post what we need to see to help you.The quality of your photos are very good though.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
United States
12 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2021  08:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jtc8172003 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks I use a digital microscope I got off of Amazon. Link below for anyone that wants a good microscope for a decent price, $22. Anyways here are the front and back of the whole coin I forgot to post!

Edited by Jtc8172003
09/25/2021 10:04 am
Bedrock of the Community
United States
41913 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2021  08:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Please properly rotate photos before posting. Reverse looks like a MAD=mis aligned die.
John1
United States
12 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2021  10:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jtc8172003 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My apologies! I will make sure I rotate them in the future! Yes it does look like a MAD! I forgot to point that out when I posted it! Thanks again!
Pillar of the Community
United States
4999 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2021  10:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@ John1...poster is in second place for 2021...41 photos is sitting on the top then this posted at 32...
this might be a hint to 1 of my questions for an upcoming contest....
I'm by no means a pro and will never claim to be...just my 2 cents
A smile costs nothing to give or receive....GF
If it's not hockey, it's not a sport
Bedrock of the Community
United States
41913 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2021  04:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pillar of the Community
United States
4128 Posts
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 301Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.36 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: