Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Some Of My Friends Silver Coins And Large Cents

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 26 / Views: 846Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community

Canada
1641 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2021  10:46 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
My friend let me take a look through her coins and left them with me so I figured I would post some. Most of them are probably only worth there weight in silver due to poor handling and storage but figured I'd share them. To start here is one of her nicer coins, 1935 silver dollar, what would you grade this?

Pillar of the Community
Canada
1641 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2021  10:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is a second one of her dollars( I won't bother posting all of them) this is a rough shape 1952 NWL dollar(I guess the island is larger on the no water line variety.

I apologize for the sideways photo, my phone camera has a bad habit of rotating the photos

Edit:posted 53 instead of 52 for the year.
Edited by Wrekkdd
09/25/2021 12:26 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1641 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2021  11:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is a 1861 Nova Scotia and new Brunswick large cents, both a fairly worn but I have yet to posses any coins this old so it's nice to be able to look at some older stuff.

I have yet to do to much research on earlier years for different varieties etc.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1641 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2021  11:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is 3 of her large more modern cents 2 1916 and a 1913, these are just from her grandma's change purse all of the coins in posting atm, there is also a hot coco can with many old silver dollars and half dollars and cents, also many dimes and quarters from 1900-1930 but they are very worn

Pillar of the Community
Canada
1641 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2021  11:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll post some more when I get home again, covid test awaits:( I hate the covid test, it's like being poked in the back of the eye through your nose. I'll have to do some further research to see if there is any different varieties for the coins she has. Worst case it is a few hundred dollars in silver. She plans on leaving her collection to any kids she has, but she is only 30 y.o so I figured might as well advise her on proper storing and cleaning(not cleaning) of coins. She has an album of more modern coins and provincial coins but butchered them with different cleaning methods. She decided on olive oil for the best method of cleaning.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1641 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2021  2:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can anyone give me a rough grade for the 1935$. I'm going to 22 it for her but would like an idea of grade to put in it.

Edit: actually this won't fit in a 22.hmmm
Edited by Wrekkdd
09/25/2021 2:04 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
3910 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2021  3:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think that the '35 has been cleaned but wearwise, I'd say High XF or low AU. The US scrap silver price per face dollar is $13.25 US, so the face Canadian would be about $16.50 Cdn
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1861 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2021  3:32 pm  Show Profile   Check nickelsguy's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nickelsguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What is the problem with the 52?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1641 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2021  3:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@nickelsguy,it's no waterlines
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2595 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2021  3:46 pm  Show Profile   Check Wade's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Wade to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
'35 looks fake IMHO, suggest weighing and hit it with a magnet
Coin Collecting... "I'm in it for the money"
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1861 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2021  3:47 pm  Show Profile   Check nickelsguy's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nickelsguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You said it was in rough shape?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1641 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2021  3:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Though it's possible the water lines are no visible due to the condition.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1861 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2021  4:52 pm  Show Profile   Check nickelsguy's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nickelsguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Toning is not a condition... The coin is AU at least.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1641 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2021  5:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@ wade all these coins have been sitting in an antique change purse and I have yet to post any if the coco tin coins other then the 1915 nickel I posted a little while back. I am fairly positive none of the coins are fake, I also don't think any of these coins have been cleaned, just her album coins have been. These are she inherited. The 1935 is non magnetic and weight us 23.29 grams
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1641 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2021  5:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My scale is not exact atn there is a fan going and airflow but definitely normal weight and non magnetic so I wouldn't say fake.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1641 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2021  5:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was talking about the 1953 @nickelsguy, if that's just toning I'd be surprised it's fairly dark, but either way I was saying it's the 1953 no water line variety from what I can see.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 26 / Views: 846Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.33 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05