Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Help! New Guy With 69s Doubled Penny Find

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 324Next Topic  

United States
3 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2021  1:51 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add ImJustToney to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hey everyone I actually pulled 10 1969s out of a roll today. 7 are 1969D one of which doesn't have the FG by the memorial. 3 of them are Ss and all show doubling. I only had time to take pictures of one for now and it was the ugliest and the MM looks like Machine Doubling to me but there is also rounded high doubling if you can see it in these terrible pictures. Also there are small lines splitting the insides of the holes of the B in liberty which looks too tall. I'm sorry for the crappy images and only having 2 but I have a cheap android and a 4x magnifier to work with. I'll get better stuff as soon as I can. If you need more pictures or better angles let me know and I will do my best this evening. If anyone is in the Fairfield CA area let me know and maybe you can check them out for me. If this is simply MD please don't be afraid to tell me. I am here to learn.

Edited by ImJustToney
09/25/2021 3:09 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
61659 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2021  1:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Much better images needed.

to the CCF!
United States
3 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2021  1:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ImJustToney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for the welcome and I'll do my best to get some in just a few minutes. I'll try to take a couple of the other two coins as well. Sucks trying to use this 30$ android phone to take zoomed in photos of a coin #129315;
Bedrock of the Community
United States
41304 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2021  1:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
. 1st photo is MD.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
12038 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2021  2:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the CCF

Why not use a camera with a macro lens.
They are made for taking pictures, not phoning.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3386 Posts
Valued Member
United States
393 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2021  4:14 pm  Show Profile   Check jacrispies's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jacrispies to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The 1969 S DDO is very dramatic. You'd know 100% if you had one. These are just MD. Look up images of the 1969 S doubled die and compare your with genuine coins.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
54047 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2021  4:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As mentioned it is MD. Forget looking on the date for the DDO-001. Look at the motto devices:

See that, then you know you have something.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
United States
7144 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2021  4:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Your photo first shows Machine Doubling I'm afraid. need sharp images in order to help you the best. Practice, and only show us the finest photos you can produce. If you take other photos of other coins, please limit one coin per thread (it makes it easier on us to reply).

to the CCF!
ša va bien aller

Pillar of the Community
United States
2554 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2021  8:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
United States
3 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2021  11:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ImJustToney to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for replying everyone. I was pretty sure this was the mimic as I call it. The other two I don't really want to post till I can take better picture for y'all and I'll make sure they each have their own post.
Learn More...
United States
104945 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
54047 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2021  1:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well one is a face value coin. The other could be 30K coin. So the mimic is the fools gold coin.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
  Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 324Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.34 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05