Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1958-D Lincoln Error On Date ?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 291Next Topic  

United States
6 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2021  4:25 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CherryPicker2022 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hey everyone this is my first posting here I found this Pup in a varieties section of a Whitman album, I have no idea what thus is though can anyone help me reference ?

Thanks
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
61418 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2021  4:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Please rotate your pic and show us a larger close-up of the date/MM area.

to the CCF!
Pillar of the Community
United States
5544 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2021  4:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Possible die chip between the 9 and 5. Full and sharp photos of the coin's reverse and obverse would be welcome, including a closer-in shot of the dat. Thanks.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
11933 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2021  4:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the CCF
By increasing the size of your photo, it does look like a Die Chip.
Not anything that would add any value
You could keep it for a reference piece though.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7067 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2021  4:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a die chip to me as well. Please, always show us both sides of your coin, whole complete SHARP photos. This helps us to help you better. Thanks.

to the CCF!
ša va bien aller

Learn More...
United States
20830 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2021  6:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@cherry, first welcome to CCF. Second, I wonder if you could add a close of LIBERTY to this thread as well. There may be die chips over there too.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Pillar of the Community
United States
2554 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2021  8:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Oldfordman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, a picture of liberty would be nice.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
53876 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2021  5:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just a die crack widening with continued use of the dies. One of the die events that show the die is aging. Thus you find no listings for this. If not something to brag about, just like seniors don't brag about their wrinkles. Just an event in life for the dies and us.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
United States
3294 Posts
United States
6 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2021  7:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CherryPicker2022 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
61418 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2021  8:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Almost has to be a die chip.
Valued Member
United States
109 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2021  8:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Pauley to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
interesting
As Above, So Below
Learn More...
United States
20830 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2021  8:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@cher, thx for posting more pics. I took the liberty of rotating, cropping, and enhancing the image of LIBERTY for you. I had been wondering if there might have been an additional die chip somewhere on these letters as that is also a pretty common spot. While I don't see any on your coin, you can research these as BIE die breaks: http://cuds-on-coins.com/lincoln-cent-bies/

"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

United States
6 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2021  10:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CherryPicker2022 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you to all who replied, I really appreciate you looking it over you guys are awesome!!

@Spence
Do you have a picture optimizing program that's not too much that you would recommend which one do you use cause I love what you did there
Thx again :)

Edited by CherryPicker2022
09/27/2021 10:30 am
Learn More...
United States
104611 Posts
United States
6 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2021  1:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CherryPicker2022 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks this site is great
  Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 291Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.39 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05