Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Arabia Southern Himyar 'Amdān Bayān Yahaqbiḍ. 100-120 Ad

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 177Next Topic  
CCF Advertiser
Learn More...
United States
1033 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2021  8:21 pm Show Profile   Check louisvillekyshop's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add louisvillekyshop to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Yet another coin series new to me so I post it here as I research them.

ARABIA Southern Himyar 100-120 AD
AR Fraction (8 mm, 0.40 g). Scyphate type.. Raydan mint.
Head right within dotted circle interrupted by monogram to left / Small head right; 'scepter' to right. CAF 3.4iii; Huth 444; SNG ANS

Edited by louisvillekyshop
09/26/2021 8:22 pm
Learn More...
United States
21398 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2021  8:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is pretty cool @LKS and thx for posting!

I have a Himyarite silver fraction from the previous century that seems to be a bit less cupped and with a less degenerate design. I don't know a ton about these, but mine also comes from the Raidan mint. I hope you don't mind if I add pics of mine to help show the comparison.

I'm pretty sure that both @echizento and @finn have similar coins as well. A family reunion!

"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
CCF Advertiser
Learn More...
United States
1033 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2021  8:47 pm  Show Profile   Check louisvillekyshop's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add louisvillekyshop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice! And probably easier to photograph!

Makes you wonder who started the first true cup coins, certainly not the Byzantines.
  Previous TopicReplies: 2 / Views: 177Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.49 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: