Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1999 D Large Un Listed DDR Or Plating Bubble Next To Lincoln?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 194Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

Canada
1696 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2021  08:37 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
As far as I can tell it's a doubled die based on location but there is no listing for it.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
12067 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2021  08:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hard to tell from a screen shot but it could be a Die Chip.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
41322 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2021  08:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a DDR,Bar On Column 7, aka BOC 7.Large enough to be listed but condition is not all that great.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1696 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2021  08:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@jimmyD I feel like the edges are to smooth for a die chip, it looks like a doubled die to me due to position, but the zinc cents can play tricks. A plating bubble I think would effect the area it is on raising the devices, this seems to coved part of the arm, so I'mleaning more doubled die or plating bubble, it would be an annoying coincidence to have a plating bubble to or die chip directly in the know Doubled dies area, but not impossible.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1696 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2021  09:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ya it's fairly dirty, looks like pop or something so the coin is probably to damaged to salvage but I would say based on size and the lack of listed doubled dies for the 1999D that this would definitely warrant listing, but with my photo quality I think someone else would have to find one to have it listed.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
54069 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2021  10:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cup holder coin with stains on the surface. The curved line on the obverse is a stain from another coin rim. Spendable coin now.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1696 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2021  11:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@coop definitely rough shape but I don't think what's beside Lincoln is a stain definitely raised metal, even in the normal picture(no scope) if you zoom in you can see it.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
54069 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2021  1:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just looked again. It is a DDR. Didn't see it the first time.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1696 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2021  2:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a fairly large one but probably not worth anything due to condition. Hopefully someone with one in good shape can have it listed on wexlers. Even if I can't have it listed my self it's fun find for me. I must be getting lucky with some of these modern coins (or doubled dies are like 1/100 for Lincoln cents modern day) I found another unlisted modern day doubled die but far to small to even post, was basically the size of an extra hand or smaller even.
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 194Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.27 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05