Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1957 Lincoln Wheat Cent Error Help Identification And Value

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 253Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
104 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2021  10:57 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add grospoisson to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Here is a picture of the coin and the error.

Should this be submitted?
Bedrock of the Community
United States
41224 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2021  11:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Need better photos,might be a die chip? Not much if any premium.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Valued Member
United States
316 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2021  11:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bumpkin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The second pic almost looks like a lam issue but the third pic looks like a chip. Blurry pics.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5568 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2021  12:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a slight peeling of a cracked skull.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
11972 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2021  12:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe a peeled back lam?
A little hard to tell.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4919 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2021  12:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
After zooming in, IMO it appears to be a struck through copper foil. Border circles up through "hair curl" under W of WE goes though the D then back down under the O of GOD.
Condition of coin would make it 2x2 worthy but not high enough of the grading costs....Again just my opinion
I'm by no means a pro and will never claim to be...just my 2 cents
A smile costs nothing to give or receive....GF
If it's not hockey, it's not a sport
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
53931 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2021  12:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Retained internal die break.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Valued Member
United States
316 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2021  2:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bumpkin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Technically, and with all due respect, if this is a die break it would be referred to as a 'freestanding internal die break' (albeit still retained). But then again.... there's that 4 square millimeter dilemma and/or controversy between a die chip and a die break, respectfully. Without better, clear, cropped and close-up pics, we may never know.......
Edited by Bumpkin
09/28/2021 2:06 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
5568 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2021  3:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting. Would love to have the coin in-hand.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1225 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2021  3:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lawest to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Might be IDB-1c-1957-07 as listed on cuds-on-coins http://cuds-on-coins.com/lincoln-ce...k-1909-1958/
Valued Member
United States
104 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2021  2:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add grospoisson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

[Might be IDB-1c-1957-07 as listed on cuds-on-coins http://cuds-on-coins.com/lincoln-ce...k-1909-1958/]

That looks close to what I am talking about. When I can get closer pictures you will see what appears to be a crack that circles the extra metal.

When you turn the coin on its side the raised metal is very obvious with the naked eye. Thanks so much for finding that for me
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 253Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.31 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05