Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

October 2021 - RCM Release

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 19 / Views: 1,728Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6733 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2021  12:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@rjlavoie: Thanks for the "heads up!"

I like the new Bluenose coin's design - it's dynamic with a very good sense of motion IMO.

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Edited by commems
10/22/2021 12:33 pm
Valued Member
Canada
367 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2021  7:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Proof Nut to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For those of you who ordered the specially wrapped three roll set at $29.95 + HST and are considering breaking them up to give away in sets or looking to sell, there are 3 hole 2x2 3 cardboard/Mylar holders perfectly suited for this new release.

Given the slight difference in size from the 1 cent, these most likely have been produced for the U.S. penny or dime to house one of each mint mark.

My inspiration for sharing this has been finding a handful of these that I had stashed away with other 2x2 holders thinking that they were odd and not very useful until now.

Though perhaps not very popular here in Canada, I'm sure you can find a bundle of 50 or a 100 on e-bay, Amazon or your local coin dealer/supply store.
Edited by Proof Nut
10/30/2021 8:14 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
573 Posts
 Posted 11/22/2021  1:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nells250 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am not a collector of Canadian issues (I only just started paying attention to coins in general) BUT my one post in this section lead me to the Canada mint's website, looking for circulation coins.

I ended up treating myself to the "Lenticular Coin - CP Holiday Train". AKA, the Canadian Pacific railroad's annual Christmas train. As a railfan, I HAD to have it, and it didn't cost too much, either.

Gimmicky? YUP. But I decided I could look past that this one time.

https://www.mint.ca/store/coins/len...-prod3800067

https://www.cpr.ca/en/community/holiday-train

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
6733 Posts
 Posted 11/23/2021  09:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Gimmicky? YUP. But I decided I could look past that this one time.

@Nells250: If it makes you happy, it's all good!

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 19 / Views: 1,728Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: