Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1995 D Lincoln Memorial Cent Eye

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 163Next Topic  

United States
37 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2021  6:02 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add singing to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
The arrows point to areas of thickening on lettering mainly at tops and bottoms which is also higher not indented. What do you think about the eye? Wish I could get better pics. Thanks.

Bedrock of the Community
United States
41216 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2021  6:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am not seeing a DDO with these photos,DDD and ridge ring?
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
7084 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2021  6:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with John1. Slight ridge ring, not sorry, no DDO. Keep practicing your coin photography, you're getting better!
ša va bien aller

Pillar of the Community
United States
3319 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
53910 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2021  7:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The difference? The devices move in a certain direction on DDD. It is always towards the rim direction. That is what you are seeing. On hub doubling it is possibly in a different direction, but the spread is on the centers of the devices. Not on the outside edges of the one direction that the DDD moves towards.

Keep in mind that the hub directions were on the older multi squeeze dies. On the new single dies, they are more of a class 9 hub doubling in a different direction. They are located on the central areas. They way to tell if they are a single squeeze die, it to look at the device height. If they are lower (the multi hub process had a higher profile) and they will show die wear as I mentioned earlier, towards the rim direction, not on the devices, but the DDD is on the fields. That is how you can tell the differences between the two different die creations. The devices are directly affected as the die ages moving either devices, or the on the fields on the single squeeze dies.
Milti hub die wear moves the devices towards the rim

On the single squeeze dies the fields are affected, the devices are not affected:

That is what you are seeing on your coin. The movement on the fields of DDD. Hope this helps?
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Edited by coop
09/28/2021 7:43 pm
United States
37 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2021  8:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add singing to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks @coop- It does help to understand die creations and how things work. Thanks all :)
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 163Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.27 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05