Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1965 Small Or Large Bead Nickel?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 307Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

Canada
2059 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2021  6:05 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I don't have my scope on hand at the moment I don't come across many 65 nickels but came across some nice 1964,65,66 and a few other dates that will be in upgraded shape compared to the nickels I currently have. Can anyone tell from this photo if this is small or large bead? Either way its nicer then the current 65 small bead I have so a win either way, not quite as big a win as a large bead but I'll be able to check for sure at home.

I'm fairly sure it's small bead, I don't have the ability to count the beads. Though I remember a trick for this I think, counting the beads on 1/4 of the coin and multiply by 4 to get a close estimate.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3609 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2021  6:18 pm  Show Profile   Check silverwolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add silverwolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
small beads
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3609 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2021  6:18 pm  Show Profile   Check silverwolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add silverwolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you can fit a bead between the beads, it is small beads..
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2059 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2021  6:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@silverwolf, thanks. The online explanation has a more complicated way. Sais to line up the third jewel with the bead between the I I, which harder said then done. Still an upgrade for my nickels. The 1966 I found is really nice but two small what I can only assume is roller marks on the obverse. Still by far found some nicer nickels today then normal. I usually don't go through nickels(bank usually has less of them) the only time I picked up a box it was all 2021 mint rolls. I didn't even bother to look for the best one just brought it back in.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
4031 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2021  7:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well, I had 10 BU or AU 5 cents from the 30's thru the 50's for you when you were to come over to get the scope, the Nikon, the error book and the computer hook-ups because you were a newbie in so much need 2 months ago. But you couldn't find a way to travel 10 miles from your home to pick the stuff up. I will give it all to someone who really needs it. It seems to me, you post items, hoping that someone will do all the legwork for most any coin that passes before your eyes. I also will not comment on any of your posts any more unless you are putting out bum info. Sorry
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
62799 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2021  7:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@silverwolf calls it.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2059 Posts
 Posted 09/29/2021  9:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@okoecoiner, I appreciate the honesty. I sent you a PM, you are wrong though, I post from a cell phone daily. And do all the "legwork" when I have time. Please no one assume to know anyone else on a forum personally if you do not know them. None of us know what the other is going through day to day, none of us live the same lives. I care about the hobby it self and don't need confirmation on that. I do what I can and research when I can. I have only improved since I have joined this forum, that is the only reason why I stay.

Edit: if you have something to say to me that is not related to the topic or question then PM me, to do this is just like shaming someone you don't know. Have all the answers before you make a judgment, is that not a huge part of the hobby it self? Don't judge a book by its cover.

(I apologize for venting a little here)
Edited by Wrekkdd
09/29/2021 9:29 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
4031 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2021  07:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, I was terse with my post, but I was just trying to be honest. I'm sorry if I hurt some feelings, but opinions are opinions and I put mine down. I have been an active supporter of all things numismatic for the last 25 years on various forums. I will go out of my way to help those that need some assistance or help or guidance, especially newbies. The moderator can remove my post if he feels that he needs to. Thanks, everyone, for putting up with me.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2059 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2021  07:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Opinions become accusations and assumption if you don't know the person you are making them about. I appreciate all your responses in the past and get it, like I said in the other post about people not getting it, you clearly think I'm in this category and can choose to ignore my posts and stop giving me advice. Have a nice day.
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 307Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.27 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: