Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

I Will No Longer Be Posting About Errors And Varieties.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 423Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

Canada
2032 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2021  10:33 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Iv decided to change my focus and just work on basic collections. I will still do research on errors and varieties but will no longer post for confirmation. If I find anything to post error or variety wise it will be to shoe you guys not to question, thanks for all the knowledge everyone. I will still check in regularly to read posts but that's about it.

Untill I am more knowledgeable and confident I have no reason to continue to waste everyone's time. Once I get a collection put together of all the different years I have aquired I will post that and over time upgrade my collection.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2629 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2021  6:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Parklane64 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Young man, I told you not to take that tone!
Valued Member
United States
419 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2021  8:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add halfamind to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No worries. Collect and post whatever makes you happy.
Learn More...
United States
21325 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2021  9:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@wrek, well I'm still glad you are here and participating at the capacity which brings you joy.

I don't think it is unusual to have your collecting focus change over time. For sure, mine has...
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Bedrock of the Community
United States
20464 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2021  9:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm with you on this one. I used to collect error coins but recently saw no reason to do that.
just carl
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2032 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2021  10:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am still going to study errors and varieties, I will just not be posting anything as a question any more. If I find a nice error coin worth posting that I can confirm my self, then I will post it(same goes for verities)

I inspect every coin I have for even minor doubled dies. But I should be able to confirm what I post and not ask for an answer.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
62654 Posts
 Posted 09/30/2021  10:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Best to educate yourself as much as possible before commenting on complex subjects.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2032 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2021  11:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's the goal, iv been getting better with with scope, understanding how to get the lighting correct etc, looking for doubled dies on circulation coins is much harder then uncirculated. Even errors like struck through or planchette errors can be a bit confusing. Before I would look at some of my cents for way to long before I determined PMD now is just a quick look and I know(for the most part. I'm sure I will post more in the future but not unless I know what it is. I shouldn't need you guys to do the confirmation for me.

Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 423Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.25 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: