Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2021 ASE Reverse Proof Two-Coin Set Differences Type 1 Vs. Type 2 (Sandal Differences, Etc)

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 23 / Views: 873Next Topic
Page: of 2
United States
45 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2021  4:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinquestador1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Was this type 2 2021 Silver eagle struck at West Point but without the mint mark? I've seen a type 2 with a W mint mark so now I'm confused about where it was minted.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4132 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2021  5:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dearborn to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
An ASE with no mint mark means it was probably mints at the Philly Mint, BUT, it would be a Bullion coin - one that the mint does not sell to the public directly. they go to dealers. I'm also thinking that since it is a bullion, it may not have the best detail on the coin as these usually only sell for spot+ a few bucks from the dealer.
United States
45 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2021  10:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinquestador1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks guys
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
54594 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2021  1:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Everyone benefits from discussions. I'll look around to see if I can get some larger images to see what the Feeder Finger Damage looks like that that design. All the ones on the site were PR-70's. But the enhanced ones looked very nice.

Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Edited by coop
10/20/2021 2:30 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1588 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2021  4:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Type 1 silver eagle obverse design is the Modified Adolph A. Weinman design from the Walking Liberty half dollar modified with more detail for the Silver American Eagle coins.
The Type 2 silver eagle obverse design is the original Adolph A. Weinman design from the Walking Liberty half dollar.

That is to say, it's done completely and totally on purpose, also why they put his AAW signature on the Obverse of the Type 2. On the Walking Liberty half dollar it was on the reverse under the eagles wing at the bottom, but on the half dollar he designed the obverse and reverse.
Learn More...
United States
106425 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2021  4:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I merged the newer "2021 Silver Eagle Type 2 Sandal Differences" topi into this existing one, which was also in the correct forum.

ASE is US NCLT, not US Modern.
Valued Member
United States
220 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2021  1:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Corbe to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Big-Kingdom thanks for that explanation. I kind of liked the more detail though! *shrug*
Valued Member
United States
205 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2021  09:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Raised on rock to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This thread is a great read. Thanks all for the info.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 23 / Views: 873Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.28 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: