Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Any Idea If This Is A Coin Or Not? Other Side Has The Queens Head On It

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 449Next Topic  

United Kingdom
2 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2021  10:09 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Jomf to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
62864 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2021  10:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just a sterling commemorative medal, I'm guessing.

to the CCF!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10096 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2021  10:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I can't find that reverse after looking through coins with key search words elizabeth 25 years jubilee etc.
An image of the obverse might help.
Probably dated 1978 or 1977.
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
12569 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2021  10:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not a coin, some sort of medallion.
Always show picture of both sides when posting.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
41945 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2021  10:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
. Are the hallmarks of any help with IDing it?
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
8623 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2021  11:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Which Queen?
"Dipping" is not considered cleaning...
-from PCGS website
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
699 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2021  11:56 am  Show Profile   Check PaddyB's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add PaddyB to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Silver hallmarks are for Birmingham 1977, the year of Queen Elizabeth II's silver jubilee.
It is a good medallion sold as a souvenir at the time. Sadly, these things are a bit out of fashion, so the value will largely be the silver value.
Learn More...
United States
106468 Posts
United Kingdom
2 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2021  1:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jomf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

This is the reverse.
Thanks for the replies, looks like it is not a coin.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4999 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2021  1:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@ PaddyB...with those hallmarks, was this issued through The Royal Mint? I think not or is T&S the maker?
I'm by no means a pro and will never claim to be...just my 2 cents
A smile costs nothing to give or receive....GF
If it's not hockey, it's not a sport
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
699 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2021  1:59 pm  Show Profile   Check PaddyB's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add PaddyB to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
T & S is for Turner & Simpson Ltd of Legge Lane Birmingham, so not The Royal Mint. They seem to have stopped in 1979.

If you ever need to check out makers names from Hallmarks on British or Irish Silver, this website will get you there:
http://www.silvermakersmarks.co.uk/index.htm

Pillar of the Community
United States
4999 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2021  9:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
PaddyB...cool link, Thanks...
I'm by no means a pro and will never claim to be...just my 2 cents
A smile costs nothing to give or receive....GF
If it's not hockey, it's not a sport
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
New Zealand
3171 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2021  05:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Which Queen?

Well only 2 other Queens ruled for 25 years unless it was a consort and generally the craze in Royal collectibles and anniversary tatt started only with the 1887 Golden Jubilee.

It looks way too modern for Elizabeth I's anniversary in 1583/84 and as far as I know Victoria in 1862 was too busy mourning Albert to care about Silver Jubilees.
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
952 Posts
 Posted 10/14/2021  11:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

It looks way too modern for Elizabeth I's anniversary in 1583/84 and as far as I know Victoria in 1862 was too busy mourning Albert to care about Silver Jubilees.

I need to get my eyes checked. I read mounting instead of mourning!!! Given Victoria's appetite for rumpy pumpy (proabably second only to food), my mis-read gave me a good chuckle (even if unintended).
  Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 449Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.41 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: