Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Princetane's 3,000 Posts Super Giveaway To You!

First page | Previous Page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 145 / Views: 4,253Next Topic
Page: of 10
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
1580 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2021  05:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kena to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would have expected the packet with our stuff would be with you already. So much for our clever idea of having them sent to you...lol.
CCF member Member Since: 07/27/2008
Pillar of the Community
Australia
3441 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2021  06:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ken, post has been slow here for a while, so hopefully will turn up soon.
View my Coins here, (NOW WITH OVER 16,800 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 237
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
934 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2021  07:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
So much for our clever idea of having them sent to you.

Ya! Who's idea was this anyways.... Wooo Whoooo.
"We are poor little lambs...who have lost our way...Baa...Baa...Baa"

In memory of those members who left us too soon...
In memory of Tootallious March 31, 1964 to April 15, 2020
In memory of crazyb0 July 27 2020. RIP.
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
3316 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2021  1:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not mine, Steve offered to do it. Postal services are a lottery I guess.

I posted them all at the same time and so far only 2 of the 9 letters have arrived. If they all land before Christmas that will be a revelation.

1. NumisRob - Crown Nov 25th
2. Zurie - Australian 2013 Coronation $2 Nov 30th (NZ time which is the most advanced in the world).

My timezone is 18 hours ahead of the site clock.

If it helps, on average mail to Steve from me takes anywhere between 2 and 4 weeks to arrive. My first parcel to him took 6 weeks, but that was in the middle of our 3rd lockdown and NZ Post keeps harping on about "Delays caused by unpredecented demand" = We keep hiring flaky staff as no one wants to work for minimum wage in a stuffy room for hours.

Zurie and NumisRob were EXTREMELY lucky to get theirs so fast and it suggests to me, these things are flying into your country fast, but its up to Royal Mail, US Post and Canada Post to get them across your countries I guess.
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Edited by Princetane
11/30/2021 1:10 pm
Pillar of the Community
Australia
3441 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2021  8:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Auspost does have a huge backlog at the moment due to online shopping and lack of staff.
I'm sure the package will arrive eventually. In 15 years of trading, I have only ever had
one package that did not arrive and that was from Estonia and had over $100 worth of Russian
coins. I was very upset at the loss of that one. It make it to Australia and then Auspost and
customs pointed the finger at each other.
View my Coins here, (NOW WITH OVER 16,800 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 237
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
3316 Posts
 Posted 11/30/2021  9:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds exactly like the same issues we have here, delays and fingerpointing between inapt agencies.

Nothing we can do, Steve was very kind to help me out and none of this is his fault in the slightest or mine.

Coming from the stamp world, this slow down and deregulation in Postal services has been a thing for about 10 years. Up to around 2008 and even really through to 2012, the post was cheap and reliable. Had this giveaway been in 2001 or even 2011, all of you would have got the coins within 1 or 2 weeks tops and for half the cost.

But now postage rates have doubled (In 2001 it cost 40 cents local post, $2 overseas, 2011 it was 60 cents and $2.30, now its $1.50 and $3.60), volumes have dropped, post offices have switched to parcels and couriers and keep blaming emails and ebay for everything going wrong, when in fact frontline staff get paid minimum wage or not much above it, whilsts ceos and other fat cats vote in huge salaries and bonuses for doing nothing.

Ahmed Fahour of Australia Post is a good example, useless and got a $5 million dollar golden handshake, meanwile the couriers had to become contractors and pay their own tax and ACC and got performance based income (Under minimum). Postage went up 200% in 2016 (70c to $1.50, although an economy rate (slow) came in at $1) and they spent $500 million on some sorting machines that sent parcels that were supposed to go from one part of an Australian city to another all over Australia 8 or 9 times and then get lost.

Hopefully one of these days corporate greed will go out of fashion (Postal services are run by accountants and lawyers rather than government bureaucrats now and its all private profit based corporations).

Until then, we have to play the waiting game for our free coinies.
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
Edited by Princetane
11/30/2021 10:01 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
934 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2021  10:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have lots of patience. I was just giving Steve the gears. They get there when they get there.
"We are poor little lambs...who have lost our way...Baa...Baa...Baa"

In memory of those members who left us too soon...
In memory of Tootallious March 31, 1964 to April 15, 2020
In memory of crazyb0 July 27 2020. RIP.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2516 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2021  4:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I believe my prize arrived today, my fiance told me I got mail that said prize on it lol so I have to assume it's the prize from the contest. I'll confirm tonight when I get home from work in 3 hours ish, but it looks like the Canadian prizes are arriving! And faster then I expected:)
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2516 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2021  7:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My prize did arrive and I'm very happy with it. A very nice 1933 NZ halfcrown that came with a very nice message as well. Thanks a lot for the great contest and prizes,I hope everyone else's arrive soon!

Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
3316 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2021  7:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good work, that was one of my favourite coins there. I only replaced it with an even better one, a few months ago.

In that condition (mid VF) it is very collectible and much better than the usual worn (G - VG) examples you see of them.

Thanks for showing us

3 down 8 to go!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2516 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2021  7:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All the thanks goes to you the host. It's in better shape then most Canadian coins I have from that year. It will make an amazing add to my collection. I have recently been thinking about expanding my collection to foreign coins.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
12071 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2021  9:46 pm  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I wanted to say that I received my prize a couple days ago, but I am waiting to take good pics before I post so that justice is done to the coins.

Thank you very much for the contest and great prizes, Princetane! I will post as soon as I have pics.
In Memory of Crazyb0 12-26-1951 to 7-27-2020
In Memory of Tootallious 3-31-1964 to 4-15-2020

Oh that I was where I would be,
Then I would be where I am not,
Here I am where I must be,
Go where I would, I can not.
Pillar of the Community
New Zealand
3316 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2021  10:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds great, think I know which prize you got and if you did, I am thrilled because you are the guy who really made my Christmas last year!
Pillar of the Community
Canada
5847 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2021  1:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Princetane just picked up the mail and have received your gift and that was really fast getting here. will post pics later this afternoon.

So this is what I received, not my oldest UK coin but one I did not have, 1829 Half Crown, Thanks again Princetane.

This is just like a Secret Santa gift you don't know what it is till you open it.
Edited by mcshilling
12/02/2021 3:37 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
4579 Posts
 Posted 12/02/2021  2:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
ooooooooo

I got a letter!!!

Came all the way from New Zealand.

And inside the letter was a coin... and its in silver.

Thank you Prince Tane
Page: of 10 Previous TopicReplies: 145 / Views: 4,253Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.46 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: