Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2021-D Penny Doubled Ear?

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 75 / Views: 2,569Next Topic
Page: of 5
Valued Member

United States
140 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2021  09:14 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Cecilia Sowinski to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi
I looked around on the web but could not find anything related to the 2021-D penny doubled ear. In your opinion is this in fact a doubled ear or something else?

Thanks
Cecilia

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
54568 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2021  09:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a possible new listing. No one has listed one yet.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Valued Member
United States
140 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2021  09:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cecilia Sowinski to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i COULDN'T FIND ANYTHING EITHER. IS IT A DOUBLED EAR?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2036 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2021  10:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice, I'd say double ear and a nice one. Nice find
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
54568 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2021  11:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Send the images to John Wexler to see what he thinks?

Quote:
You can contact me via e-mail at jwex@comcast.net or by regular mail by writing to: John A. Wexler, P.O. Box 544, Quakertown, PA 18951-0544. I hope you enjoy searching for and collecting die varieties as much as I do.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Valued Member
United States
140 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2021  11:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cecilia Sowinski to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Thanks
Edited by Cecilia Sowinski
10/05/2021 11:09 am
Valued Member
United States
140 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2021  11:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cecilia Sowinski to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Does anyone have any advice on how to view these shiny new coins in a way that blocks out the glare which is so annoying
Valued Member
United States
140 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2021  11:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cecilia Sowinski to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am searching through a box of new 2021-D pennies and a whole roll has this doubled ear
Valued Member
United States
140 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2021  11:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cecilia Sowinski to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i Picked up the box from bank of america
Valued Member
United States
140 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2021  11:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cecilia Sowinski to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
they actually ordered it for me which was pretty cool. Sometimes bank tellers are funny about that
Bedrock of the Community
United States
41873 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2021  12:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pick out the ones in best condition and put them in a 2x2 holder. Put a filter over your light source. Since you found so many,maybe have a contest or a give-a-way ...my address is.......
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Valued Member
United States
140 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2021  12:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cecilia Sowinski to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the advice
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
330 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2021  5:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cons to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice find, very visible! Congrats x 50!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
41873 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2021  08:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Cecilia Sowinski,
Your email is not turned on here on CCF. I might be interested in one of your finds.Please PM me.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Valued Member
United States
394 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2021  12:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bumpkin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If this is a doubled ear, which it truly appears to be, this is one heck of a pronounced second ear! Very interesting find and I hope it turns out well for you!! Now.... if it is a doubled die.... being on a single squeeze die production method.... which class would this be? Definitely not a class 9 but some type of rotational hub doubling I'd think. And, it's right in the middle of the Cent. I don't think I have even heard of anything other than a class 9 on any of these Shield Cents. Going to research this.
Valued Member
United States
140 Posts
 Posted 10/06/2021  3:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cecilia Sowinski to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have no idea what all of that meant I am still learning all of this coin stuff
Page: of 5 Previous TopicReplies: 75 / Views: 2,569Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: