Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Purchasing Ancients From Sellers In Spain In 2021: Any Trouble?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 330Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
600 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2021  09:14 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add jskirwin to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I've avoided purchasing ancients from Spain for awhile and have forgotten exactly why.

Anyone have any trouble with recent purchases, such as excessively long delays due to customs, or imposed taxes?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Spain
2389 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2021  5:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Palouche to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe the mods can tell me if it's 'ok' to mention names of Spanish sellers on vcoins and I'll give you some feedback..As it certainly does differ...

Paul
Edited by Palouche
10/08/2021 5:41 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
600 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2021  6:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jskirwin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just in general. And not Vcoins but auctions that are held in Spain.
I had thought I heard something about passing laws similar to Italy in regards to "antiquities." Please correct me if I'm wrong.
Like I said, I'm not sure where I sourced that belief.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Spain
2389 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2021  6:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Palouche to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
https://www.cointalk.com/threads/ha...post-6459114 You might find this interesting.....But it's Spain so it just really depends on the seller....
Valued Member
United Kingdom
147 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2021  11:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JohnConduitt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There's no problem with Spain - I've bought from Tauler and Fau without any extra hassle. But sometimes the trouble relates to the import rules for your own country. I'm in the UK and have to pay tax wherever it's from, not just Spain.

The Italians seem to get around their rules by setting up in San Marino, but the Spanish haven't had to do that.
Learn More...
Australia
13928 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2021  9:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sap to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As noted in the Cointalk thread: in Spain, if a seller wishes to export anything over 100 years old, they are supposed to obtain a license to export that specific object, approved by the Spanish Ministry of Culture and Sport. I do not know how hard it is to obtain such a license these days.
Don't say "infinitely" when you mean "very"; otherwise, you'll have no word left when you want to talk about something really infinite. - C. S. Lewis
Pillar of the Community
United States
600 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2021  10:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jskirwin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The reason I ask is that there is a high euro coin I'm interested in at the Soler y Llach auction at the end of the month. Was wondering whether the hassle justified it. Judging by the auction terms I have my doubts...
Edited by jskirwin
10/10/2021 10:06 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1311 Posts
 Posted 10/10/2021  10:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kushanshah to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My understanding, based on discussions seen elsewhere some time ago, is that the Spanish export law has not changed but rather the Spanish authorities are stepping up enforcement. This means that some dealers who may have been a little lazy in the past are now dotting all the "i"s and crossing all the "t"s, which takes time.
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 330Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.27 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: