Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

PCGS - Turn-Around Time

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 478Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1244 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2021  09:14 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add lawest to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
PCGS received eight raw coins from me for grading 30 days ago. The coins are all modern and just straight grade (no special attributions requested). On the PCGS web site the status still shows "scheduled for grading". I have never had problems with PCGS turn-around times in the past so I sent PCGS an e-mail asking if everything was ok with my order... no response? Is anyone else having issues with PCGS?
Pillar of the Community
United States
4197 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2021  12:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jimbucks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've heard reports of PCGS taking about 3 months. Seems to be a sign of the times that businesses just don't care. "Please hold, your call is very important to us" (NOT).
Pillar of the Community
United States
5380 Posts
 Posted 10/08/2021  10:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kanga to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
COVID delay.
Describe it as if there were no picture.
Picture it as if there were no description.
Valued Member
United States
151 Posts
 Posted 10/09/2021  1:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add grospoisson to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

[/PCGS received eight raw coins from me for grading 30 days ago. The coins are all modern and just straight grade (no special attributions requested). On the PCGS web site the status still shows "scheduled for grading". I have never had problems with PCGS turn-around times in the past so I sent PCGS an e-mail asking if everything was ok with my order... no response? Is anyone else having issues with PCGS?]

I also sent 10 coins on 8/1 PCGS entered on 8/3 received email in QA on 10/3 my order was economy right at 45 business days. I also had no varieties. Unfortunately you still have a ways to go, I believe. I hope you have better luck with your submissions then I did!

Dumb butt me sent 1 coin Thursday with highest grading teir. So far it cost me over 100 dollars.. It's a 1954-p Lincoln with one bag mark on the O on the reverse probably 1/64 of an inch and this is under 250X madnification. The problem I am worried about is the die polishing lines that run under the bust and head. anyway good luck
United States
3 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2021  01:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Chipster1955 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I gave them a crossover at the Vegas convention using the free coupons from signing up. It arrived back about 2 months later. When I arrived home I sent 2 coins just for grading (using free coupons again) and I received them back 2 weeks before I got crossover results (DNC). It was ANACS MS 70 1986 Silver eagle for those interested.

I then sent a gold relief coin which came directly from the mint and used express package because the value was over $2500. It was graded (70) and back to me within three weeks.
Seems to me they sit on the freebies a little longer than they should.

Just a note on my experiences.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1244 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2021  09:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lawest to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

The eight coins I sent in are the freebies from my annual membership... 39 days now still no change in status. In the past it never took this long even when using vouchers. I am not in a hurry to get these coins as I have no plans for them except adding them to my collection but the turn-around time on this batch seems out of the ordinary to me.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4676 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2021  09:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Adam_E to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Back in January I had sent in a couple coins with Grapecollects, it took 65 days from receipt to shipment. I would expect long wait times to be the norm for a little while at least.
Valued Member
United States
238 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2021  10:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Parnelli917 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My last submissions took about 2 months. I also found communications difficult until my coins were in the grading process. They called me a couple of times at that point. I didn't mind too much when I got the Silver Eagle End of WWII v75 privy graded PR70DCAM!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
17555 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2021  1:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Back in January I had sent in a couple coins with Grapecollects, it took 65 days from receipt to shipment.

January is a bad month to do a submission because they are swamped with monster boxes of silver eagles and FUN show submissions, and this year same problem in July with monster boxes of type 2 silver eagles.
Gary Schmidt
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1244 Posts
 Posted 11/13/2021  5:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lawest to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I received the coins today, took a little over two months. Only problem is the coins were supposed to get True-View photographed. no photos were posted on the PCGS web site
Valued Member
United States
418 Posts
 Posted 11/17/2021  1:18 pm  Show Profile   Check AES's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add AES to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I received the coins today, took a little over two months. Only problem is the coins were supposed to get True-View photographed. no photos were posted on the PCGS web site

I think it's the norm for the TrueViews to get published sometimes a week or two after you receive the coins. At least it has been for me. I suggest contacting their customer service if the TrueView is not published in a couple of weeks. They will fix the links or send you a shipping label to get the Photo/Mechanical error fixed.
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 478Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.3 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: