Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1958 Wheat Penny Look At It And Tell Me If It Looks Thick Possibly DDO

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 262Next Topic  

United States
7 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2021  01:13 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Sherryking to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
When I looked at this without magnication, it looked blurry or doubled. I kept thinking my eyes wouldn't adjust them I looked at a different coin and it was normal

Valued Member
United States
398 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2021  01:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bumpkin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to CCF. This is not a doubled die. The thick devices (or letters/numbers) as you mentioned in your post are a result of circulation wear which causes the devices to become flattened and appear thick and sometimes distorted. Good luck and keep hunting!
Valued Member
United States
398 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2021  01:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bumpkin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
And one other recommendation here Sherry. If you come across a Red, or in other words a very shiny Cent or coin, please make sure you hold it by the edge of the coin and do not put your fingers on the surfaces of the coin. This will inevitably leave fingerprints on the surface of the coin which will devalue it. Just FYI. :)
Bedrock of the Community
United States
41890 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2021  04:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
. Also,please properly crop photos before posting and it is best to always include both sides of a coin.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Valued Member
United States
310 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2021  06:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kenwright396 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the Community!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
958 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2021  08:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you are able to, closeups of this would be cool. It looks like there may be extreme MD, besides the circulation wear that was mentioned. It may just be the pic is distorted or the lighting though.
-makecents-
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
62762 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2021  09:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, full pics of both sides, please, along with close-ups of areas that you have questions about.

to the CCF!
Pillar of the Community
United States
5893 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2021  09:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Eager to see full, large and sharp images. Thanks.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4100 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United States
7544 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2021  12:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome - agree with circulation flattening.
How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 262Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.33 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: