Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Is This 70th Edition Charlton That I Want?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 325Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

Canada
2047 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2021  1:03 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I see it online for 10$ https://www.colonialacres.com/produ...e70.2016.htm

Is this the one recommend that SPP has variety info in the back? Or is there a better one that you could recommend?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2047 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2021  1:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
After doing my budget I'm left with a little extra cash and wouldn't mind grabbing some more stuff to help me with the hubby. Also this says volume 1 is it not the whole thing?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
8622 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2021  1:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That one has small cent varieties in the back.
Vol.2 is NCLT and bullion
You won't find any marital advice in there to help you with your hubby.
"Dipping" is not considered cleaning...
-from PCGS website
Edited by DBM
10/15/2021 1:40 pm
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2047 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2021  1:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks DBM I'll see if I can order this today:D
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2047 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2021  1:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just ordered, 21.40 after shipping and tax. Can't wait:D
Learn More...
United States
106380 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2021  3:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congratulations!

Quote:
I suspect meant to say Hobby.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2047 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2021  3:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What do you mean no material advice to help me with the hobby? There are many varieties not listed online(or you really have to search for it.) Is there any book recommendations from you guys for errors and varieties?
Learn More...
United States
106380 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2021  3:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Marital, not material.

You typed 'hubby' instead of 'hobby' above, and DBM assumed it was marital (husband) related.

I know you usually work from your Pixel phone and I know how often these phones like to "correct" what is typed.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2047 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2021  3:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oooo lol, my fiance is happy that I picked up this hobby. So this book will help with my hobby then:p?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
900 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2021  06:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

Classic. .

Quote:
Just ordered

This volume is the most recent one I have. You'll be glad you got it.
"We are poor little lambs...who have lost our way...Baa...Baa...Baa"

In memory of those members who left us too soon...
In memory of Tootallious March 31, 1964 to April 15, 2020
In memory of crazyb0 July 27 2020. RIP.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2047 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2021  07:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was going to order the 2022 but merclover suggested this on, I couldn't find any copy's on ebay so I ordered it from colonial acres. Has anyone ordered from here before?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
900 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2021  08:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Has anyone ordered from here before?

I get all my 2X2's from them. I feel they pack well, but may not be the speediest in processing. It always gets here though. You should have no problems. They also appear to have more than a few stamps.

"We are poor little lambs...who have lost our way...Baa...Baa...Baa"

In memory of those members who left us too soon...
In memory of Tootallious March 31, 1964 to April 15, 2020
In memory of crazyb0 July 27 2020. RIP.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2047 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2021  08:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks loonielewy, this is actually my first time ordering anything online, this place had what I wanted and had good reviews. I should look and see what other kind of stuff they have for sale.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2047 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2021  08:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It arrived yesterday but my fiance forgot to mention it lol. An awesome book, several doubled dies I didn't know about and many other varieties I don't have put aside yet. Looks like it's time to dive back through my penny lot! I think I'm up to 6000 Canadian pennies all random grades from g-Ms from 37-2012, not I know some years to keep an eye out.

Thanks for the recommendation the price list is vary useful as well compared to the other Charlton I have. Next I think I'll order a good book on learning how to grade, does anyone have a recommendation for a book on grading?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2047 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2021  09:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wrekkdd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just started reading it and there is a good grading section right at the beginning lol, this book has everything.
Learn More...
United States
106380 Posts
  Previous TopicReplies: 15 / Views: 325Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: