Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1983 Cent

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 265Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
54 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2021  4:57 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add nooraden to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi everyone this is 1983 cent just I need to know is there a bit difference in the building of the currency of memorial building is little crooked ?

Pillar of the Community
United States
4254 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
62942 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2021  5:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks pretty normal to me.

to the CCF!
Valued Member
United States
416 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2021  5:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bumpkin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the forum. Thinking this through here...... If the reverse of your coin is not aligned properly with the obverse of your coin (or vice versa) then you may have a slightly rotated die. First of all the Memorial building is completely normal on your coin. If you are flipping this coin over perfectly from front to back, and it is a bit off or rotated slightly, then this is a sign of a rotated die. The best way to tell this is to hold your coin in front of a mirror, obverse facing the mirror, and compare the orientation of the reverse design elements in relation to the front of the coin. This way you can see both sides of the Cent at the same time. Hope this makes sense and helps.
Edited by Bumpkin
10/15/2021 5:46 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
7575 Posts
 Posted 10/15/2021  11:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It looks fairly normal to me as well.
ça va bien aller

Pillar of the Community
United States
1563 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2021  12:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Daves Errors to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
nooraden: to CCF Have a look at this link and you will get the answer you seek. http://lincolncentresource.com/Erro...tedDies.html
Edited by Daves Errors
10/16/2021 12:17 am
Valued Member
United States
416 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2021  01:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bumpkin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you very much Daves Errors for supplying that link!!! This is exactly what I was talking about but I couldn't remember where I saw this same link with pics to explain my "explanation" or else I would have supplied it. Thanks!
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 265Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.23 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: