Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

My New Zealand Large 20 Cent Collection All Found In Circulation In Australia

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 23 / Views: 593Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
New Zealand
3185 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2021  11:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A 2005 for you!

Shown with the rest of NZ's 2005 dated coins with the rare 50 cents and more common $1 and $2.
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Valued Member
Australia
145 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2021  12:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add squaremealroundplate to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

I'll have to dig out my New Zealand coins which will help me here in Melbourne to look at something worth while, instead of looking through the bars on our windows.

Princetane I get your drift re Australia becoming a little Americanised. I hope we, in the Southern Hemisphere, can keep our unique, still unpretentious, cultures going and continue to exchanging thoughts and ideas between us across the ditch.

I can't imagine trying to explain to anyone from the Northern Hemisphere how Trevor Chappell displayed to both of our countries his peace guardian attribute qualities in 1981, can you?

Valued Member
Australia
205 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2021  01:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MachinMachinMan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
A 2005 for you!

Princetane, did you find that in circulation?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
New Zealand
3185 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2021  03:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes I did, back in 2006 I worked in a $2 store and the last day of large coins was Sep 30 2006 and as a result, people brought in bags of the things. Luckily I was the store manager then and had to count up the takings at the end of the day.

To my surprise in the $325(!!!) of 5 to 50c coins were 2 x 50c and 2 x 20c dated 2005. Needless to say I brought them that day. Also in the piles of rusted and green coins was a worn 1942 silver shilling.

I held on to the coins and last year sent Triggersmob a pair and kept the other one for myself.
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
Valued Member
Australia
205 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2021  06:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MachinMachinMan to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sweet! Too bad the days of finding those kind of coins in circulation over there are a thing of the past.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
3342 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2021  06:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add triggersmob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I held on to the coins and last year sent Triggersmob a pair

And very much appreciated, thank you Princetane.

Steve :)
View my Coins here, (NOW WITH OVER 16,000 IMAGES).... http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...hp?cat=10048
OFEC count = 237
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
New Zealand
3185 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2021  03:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My pleasure!

You can buy lots on trade me occasionally - but most of the time they are overpriced, full of bad and damaged coins and often have been combed through for 2005s and other scarce dates like 1973, 1983 and 1984.

The OP has done FANTASTICALLY WELL to get that collection out of illegal immigrants circulating around Oz.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1880 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2021  8:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mr T to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well done - I've lost track of what I found in change and what I ended up buying but I would easily have found more than half in change.
The kiwis seems to outnumber the other design by a massive margin in change here though.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 23 / Views: 593Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.28 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: