Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1982 P DDO Oo3 Per Variety Vista

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 310Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
170 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2021  12:18 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add allcoinsaregood to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello all, found this copper based, large date coin in my last run to the bank.Seems to meet all the criteria listed in VV. The die scratches are lighter on the reverse but I thought I would show it for your enjoyment. Regards and let me know your thoughts.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1563 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2021  1:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Daves Errors to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am not seeing it as a match. The thickness in the E of We and G Of God dose not match
Edited by Daves Errors
10/16/2021 2:01 pm
Valued Member
United States
400 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2021  1:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bumpkin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I personally have looked at 1,000's of 1982 copper Lincolns and have found this year to be one of the hardest to discern a DDO (speaking of copper cents). Other than the best and most pronounced DDO-002, I find it hard to definitively say yes to the minor doubling on the couple of other DDO copper 1982's. I'm leaning toward a no on your coin for being VV DDO-003. I think the key devices on VV-003 to look at are the N in IN and the W in WE where the thickness is most prominent. I'm just not seeing that in your pics, sorry, but then again I could be totally wrong. The markers on the reverse, typically die scratches NW to SE on this variety, are par for the course and can be found on both doubled dies and non DD's.
Valued Member
United States
400 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2021  1:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bumpkin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Once again.... my post crossed with Daves Errors......lol..... But he is on point too regarding his observations
Pillar of the Community
United States
1563 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2021  1:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Daves Errors to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bumpkin: You are right and this one Is a very very hard one to see and FIND lol I am still looking for this UNICORN.
Edited by Daves Errors
10/16/2021 1:55 pm
Valued Member
United States
170 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2021  2:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add allcoinsaregood to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for your replys. I always appreciate them! Hopefully the pics were ok. I'm expiermenting with vatious light levels. Regards!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
54625 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2021  2:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks normal to me. The 002 has a nice spread compared with a normal large date copper cent.

1982P-1DO-001:
http://www.coppercoins.com/lincoln/...ie_state=mds
1982-1DO-003
http://www.coppercoins.com/lincoln/...ie_state=mds
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Valued Member
United States
170 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2021  5:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add allcoinsaregood to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Coop. I actually listed it as Variety Vista 003 though, not 002. Regards!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
54625 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2021  7:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I thought they were a closer match for die numbers, but still not sure on one of them
COPPERCOINS 1982P-1DO-001, V.V. DDO-003, WDDO-001
COPPERCOINS 1982P-1DO-002, V.V. DDO-001, WDDO-002
COPPERCOINS 1982P-1DO-003, V.V. DDO-002, WDDO-POSSIBLE - 006?

Well it is a normal coin:

When you see them side by side with the 002 & 003, your coin is neither:

The design you see on your coin is normal for all of the large dates. The Master Hub was swelling and they created a new one part way through the year, thus the large and small dates that year. It was a remake of the master hub, that was the normal design in 1969, that swelled through use from 69-82. So it is a normal large date. Not a doubled die.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Edited by coop
10/17/2021 8:01 pm
Valued Member
United States
170 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2021  3:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add allcoinsaregood to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Coop, as through as usual! I admire your knowledge base which is tremendous. Regards.
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 310Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.33 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: