Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Has Anyone Else Seen This Double-Dated 2021 Dime?

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 950Next Topic
Page: of 2

Canada
5 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2021  7:34 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Rustoleum to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I found a double dated 1921-2021 dime in a customer-wrapped roll that I got at the bank today. I can't seem to find any record online that this coin even exists. I see pictures of a single dated 2021 dime, but no double-dated.

I'm brand new to coin collecting, and this is my first post, so I'm not sure where else to look for info. Has anyone else seen this coin or know what to make of it?
Valued Member
Canada
425 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2021  7:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinman91 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is it a coloured commemorative? Still waiting to see what gets released for this years 10 cent myself.
There's always two sides to the coin if you have the patience to see. -Kathryn Budig
Canada
5 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2021  7:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rustoleum to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Pillar of the Community
Canada
3616 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2021  8:25 pm  Show Profile   Check silverwolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add silverwolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
that is from the 2021 proof set, and certainly should be found in a customer roll..they were just recently issued..
i would have to believe it either entered the bank stream by mistake, or it was recently stolen..
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3616 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2021  8:26 pm  Show Profile   Check silverwolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add silverwolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i could be wrong, but I don't believe this was issued for circulation.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4321 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2021  8:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I see on the RCM website there is a SILVER proof coin matching this. Issued for the 100th anniversary of the Bluenose. I don't know if someone spent it from a proof set or there was another version. Very interesting especially if it is silver. Keep it and put it in a 2x2 for protection.

Could you give us the weight to 1/100th of a gram? The silver version should be 2.45 grams, the circulation coin 1.75.
Canada
5 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2021  8:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rustoleum to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oriole, the proof sets on the RCM website that I saw had George on the back of the coin, but mine has Elizabeth.
Valued Member
United States
384 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2021  9:57 pm  Show Profile   Check 1960NYGiants's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add 1960NYGiants to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like someone broke up a standard proof set. The 10c is "three-ply nickel finish plated steel". Should be magnetic.

https://www.mint.ca/store/coins/spe...-prod3750032
Edited by 1960NYGiants
10/16/2021 9:58 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
8624 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2021  9:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DBM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The double dated dimes are found in these sets;
https://www.mint.ca/store/coins/202...-prod3800022
And I believe there will be special wrapped rolls and coins in circulation before the year is out.
"Dipping" is not considered cleaning...
-from PCGS website
Edited by DBM
10/16/2021 10:03 pm
Canada
5 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2021  10:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rustoleum to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1960NYGiants, I saw that proof set on the Mint website, but it looked to me that the dimes issued in that set had George VI on the back, not Queen Elizabeth. Am I wrong? Mine has Queen Elizabeth, who I am sure will be on the back of these commemorative coins when they are issued in the special rolls in December. I was wondering if it was an error that this one was released into circulation already.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4869 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2021  11:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add john100 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just click onto the RCM 24.95 sets as previously posted, there is your coin and welcome !
Canada
5 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2021  12:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Rustoleum to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
john100, you're right! I had missed that. I guess someone cut the coin out of their collector set. Thanks for the help.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
905 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2021  03:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF Rustoleum. Great 1st post.

The coin doesn't have a proof finish, I agree with the boys on it being from 1 of the said commemorative sets. That being said, it doesn't look like this style is included in the Classic set. Can anyone confirm?
"We are poor little lambs...who have lost our way...Baa...Baa...Baa"

In memory of those members who left us too soon...
In memory of Tootallious March 31, 1964 to April 15, 2020
In memory of crazyb0 July 27 2020. RIP.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4321 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2021  06:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I see that to get all 3 commemoratives (Insulin, klondike and bluenose) you have to get 3 different sets or 3 rolls, unless some will be released into circulation. I just can't keep up with all the RCM issues.
Learn More...
United States
106502 Posts
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
526 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2021  2:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add vonigohcr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
that is from the 2021 proof set,
Nope. The Proof set has a partially frosted image

Quote:
it doesn't look like this style is included in the Classic set. Can anyone confirm
Yes - Classic set has single date only.

The classic (Unc) set is single dated to 2021. The dimes included in the Keepsake cards for the twoonie - Insulin and loonie - Klondike have the double date on them.

So, unless someone has their hands on a pre-release bluenose set (highly unlikely), this is cut out from one of the keepsake cards.

Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 950Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.37 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: