Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1936 Lincoln Wheat Cent Doubled Die - DDO-003, FS-103

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 314Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3997 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2021  9:25 pm Show Profile   Check tropicalbats's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add tropicalbats to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Picked this one for about $11. It came with a harshly cleaned 1909 VDB but that just goes in the cull bag. DDO-003 is obvious in close ups but remains tough to spot on any images with even a little blur to them.

1936 Lincoln Wheat cent doubled die - DDO-003, FS-103

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
62954 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2021  9:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Super example!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2620 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2021  9:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petespockets55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Anytime we add a fairly early DDO in RB, it is a great day.
Congrats.
Words of encouragement are one of the major food groups. We need to consume them regularly to thrive and grow.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
425 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2021  11:03 pm  Show Profile   Check VestigeWolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add VestigeWolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think I have a correctly attributed 1936 DDO-oo4 on ebay. Tell me what you think.
Discovering the truth does not have all the answers.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3997 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2021  11:19 pm  Show Profile   Check tropicalbats's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add tropicalbats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks! And VW we are going to need a link.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
425 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2021  08:08 am  Show Profile   Check VestigeWolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add VestigeWolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Just click on my name and it shows what I have for sale. And I stand corrected. I see I did not label my LWC 1940 S DDO-001 corectly.
Discovering the truth does not have all the answers.
Edited by VestigeWolf
10/17/2021 08:18 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
1813 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2021  08:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Willburton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice one!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3997 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2021  11:21 am  Show Profile   Check tropicalbats's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add tropicalbats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Will!

And VW, I looked at the 1936 DDO-004 you have listed and I'm not seeing it. But that is a very hard one to spot on anything but MS grade coins so maybe pics just don't show the details well enough.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1563 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2021  12:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Daves Errors to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats TB. Nice pick.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5305 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2021  12:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice! One of the big threes for that year and always nice to see another.

-CH27
Collector of U.S. Varieties and Colonial Coinage
Pillar of the Community
United States
868 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2021  3:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter4 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful!
Elliot Mitchell
Experienced coin roll hunter with 5+ years in the hobby
My Registry Type Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/334324/
My IS Type Set:
http://goccf.com/t/411655
My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/408555
ANA # 3204217
CONECA # Y-6505
Pillar of the Community
United States
4888 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2021  10:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jim0815 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful cent my friend! Thank goodness bat season for us here on the CCF is year round!
Pillar of the Community
United States
863 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2021  5:21 pm  Show Profile   Check sheldius's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add sheldius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Another coin saved by TB. Great pick up.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3997 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2021  03:03 am  Show Profile   Check tropicalbats's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add tropicalbats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks so much for the great comments! It's 3am and I am back at our project house after another 12 hour day/night trapping bats. Looking like things will end on time Friday, maybe Saturday, so should be able to get back to some more posting coins then.
  Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 314Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.35 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: