Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1885-CC $1 Morgan Dollar

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 19 / Views: 608Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
8384 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2021  9:46 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add numismatic student to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
$774. Thoughts? Thanks!

Pillar of the Community
United States
627 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2021  11:44 pm  Show Profile   Check jacrispies's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jacrispies to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Appears MS-63. Not sure if it is the photo, but there could be a lack of luster around the eagle. Probably dipped. Either way not good pics.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10862 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2021  4:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
again hard to tell surface originality with these photos. the 85(CC) should be sharp and bold and this one is not quite there. I'm having a hard time grading these depending on originality it could be anywhere from MS63 to MS65. think someone is attempting to hide some issues with these photos especially in the areas noted in red

Pillar of the Community
United States
1714 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2021  4:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What going on at the right shoulder of the eagle? There is a blackish line/cut something.
Pillar of the Community
United States
8533 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2021  4:38 pm  Show Profile   Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
These photos are all very washed out, I"d say MS65 if I had to guess and the luster is actually much better, these look more like scans on a flatbed instead of photos with proper lighting. That is known to make for a flat lifeless look and shouldn't be used to grade or price coins, only as a quick review, with better photos I"m sure these would be easier to come up with a collective grade around the CCF.
"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013!
ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1982, EAC Member #6202, NBS Member, 2 variety collector.

See my want page: http://goccf.com/t/140440
Valued Member
United States
453 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2021  10:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add psuman08 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree on the lifeless images. Fields and cheek look clean (though it is hard to tell what the photos are hiding). Based on what we see here, I'll say 66 maybe even 67 if it is truly lustrous.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1028 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2021  9:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JasonKflo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hard to grade by the pics . No Guess but a Nice coin and mint mark to have
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
62708 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2021  9:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS something, but pics too soft to show surface detail clearly. I could not buy from these pics.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4416 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2021  10:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fenton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks 64 if the photos aren't hiding anything.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10862 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2021  09:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i assume this one is raw. please post new photos when you get it
Pillar of the Community
United States
8384 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2021  12:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add numismatic student to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This came in. Thoughts? Thanks!

Pillar of the Community
United States
3246 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2021  12:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Slider23 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
On a bad day I could see this coin getting a 58 from a TPG. I am at 63/64.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
62708 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2021  12:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll say MS-64.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
10862 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2021  1:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS63
Bedrock of the Community
United States
22900 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2021  4:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks MS-64 to me.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1714 Posts
 Posted 10/23/2021  4:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NumisEd to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS63, and hope the scratch(?) above the eagles head doesn't lead to a details grade (I think not, but you never know).
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 19 / Views: 608Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.32 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: