Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2022 Peace Silver Dollar

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 1,493Next Topic  
Valued Member
Canada
139 Posts
 Posted 10/16/2021  10:13 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Tender4848 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Last year I purchased the 2021 Peace Silver Dollar on Oct. 11 from Canada Post.

That made the 2020 and 2021 Peace dollars back to back issues.

Will there be a 2022 Peace Silver Dollar or is it 2 and done?

Anyone have any inside information if the series will continue?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
533 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2021  12:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add vonigohcr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't have any knowledge on whether there will be a Peace dollar but "2 & done" should be the limit. There were minor finish variations between 2019 & 2020... The coin was otherwise identical... I don't know that the RCM can sustain an annual coin with no variation that is not rooted in a circulation variety... definitely at the price they charge.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
533 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2021  12:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add vonigohcr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Preannounce of November coins dropped last night and included 3 Peace dollars... 1oz Silver, 5oz Silver and 1oz Gold. Will start November release thread.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
6678 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2021  2:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silveroid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It seems to be, this year, the 2021 Peace and Morgan dollars from US will get most attention, and not the RCM's one.

Do not know, when the release was, but with their huge mintage, they already offered for double price....
Pillar of the Community
Canada
661 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2021  9:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alex A to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I don't have any knowledge on whether there will be a Peace dollar but "2 & done" should be the limit.

with vonigohcr

However, the RCM is a business and is simply selling what moves out the door. As to the price, a master salesperson once told me "The price is what the market will bear".

Happy Halloween!
Edited by Alex A
10/26/2021 9:46 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7030 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2021  12:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The release of another version of the Peace Dollar design for 2022 made it easy for me to decide to not make the coins a part of my ongoing NCLT silver dollar collection. I had been on the fence and was waiting to learn what the Mint had planned for 2022.

It's now very clear that the Peace Dollar is considered a series onto itself by the Mint and separate from the 36 mm commemorative silver dollars that I enjoy collecting. So, I will not be adding the Peace Dollars to my collection or considering them part of the commemorative series.

I do have the medal version of the Peace/Pax design from 2019 and consider the design to be very good, but I've never been one to collect annual coin series that feature the same design (even if in different finishes) year after year.

Just my personal collecting decision, your mileage may vary...

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Edited by commems
10/31/2021 12:42 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7030 Posts
 Posted 11/01/2021  1:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here are images of the 2019 medal that I mentioned above:

The obverse (Peace/Pax) side is the work of Susan Taylor, the retired Royal Canadian Mint Senior Engraver. The reverse (Liberty side) is the work of John Mercanti, the retired 12th Chief Engraver of the US Mint.

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
533 Posts
 Posted 11/03/2021  5:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add vonigohcr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
It's now very clear that the Peace dollar is considered a series onto itself by the Mint and separate from the 36 mm commemorative silver dollars that I enjoy collecting. So, I will not be adding the Peace dollars to my collection or considering them part of the commemorative series.

I just found out that this is a commissioned coin... Inclusion in your commemorative 36mm $ series; or more accurately, your lack of inclusion makes perfect sense.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7030 Posts
 Posted 11/04/2021  07:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I just found out that this is a commissioned coin

Thanks for the info...I suspect Modern Coin Mart / GovMint.com is the sponsor based on the promotional effort they extend on behalf of the coins. My 2019 medal (above) was purchased from them.

Edited by commems
11/04/2021 09:37 am
Valued Member
Canada
102 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2021  8:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mikem to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I finally got mine today. I was able to order one way back in early November from Gatewest -(there was a limit of 3 coins per order at the time). I'm a happy camper!

Sorry for the quality of the pics.
Valued Member
United States
236 Posts
 Posted 12/05/2021  10:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Raised on rock to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Waiting for mine from the mint.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
7030 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2021  12:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@mikem: Congrats on your new arrival! Thanks for sharing the images!

Does its advertised "pulsating" effect work well when the coin is in hand?

Valued Member
Canada
102 Posts
 Posted 12/06/2021  6:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mikem to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Does its advertised "pulsating" effect work well when the coin is in hand?

I never knew of that feature (lol), but when looking at it in a good light it does seem to pulsate as the coin is slightly tilted.
  Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 1,493Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2022 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.34 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: