Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Odd 1982 Canadian Confederation Dollar Coin

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 25 / Views: 1,219Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
4040 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2021  1:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm hoping that SPP contacts you. He is "MR Nickel dollar", but don't know if he has the 50 cent as well.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4999 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2021  2:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Would this coin be a good candidate for slabbing?

Hope SSP returns....
I'm by no means a pro and will never claim to be...just my 2 cents
A smile costs nothing to give or receive....GF
If it's not hockey, it's not a sport
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
4040 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2021  3:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No, you shouldn't slab it. The person who buys it may get a better cert deal than you would.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
905 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2021  8:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
catfluff.

This is awesome. Congrats on such a rare find. Grandpa would be proud. .
"We are poor little lambs...who have lost our way...Baa...Baa...Baa"

In memory of those members who left us too soon...
In memory of Tootallious March 31, 1964 to April 15, 2020
In memory of crazyb0 July 27 2020. RIP.
Canada
7 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2021  8:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add catfluff to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks you! Yes, my Grandpa would be so happy. He's probably bragging about it up there!

SSP has been helping me with next steps. I really appreciate all of the input from everyone.

I have a bag of 50c coins and a bag of what we are calling odds and ends to go through too. There are quite a few old coins of mixed denominations that are very well worn too.

I know that most of these coins were tossed in a bucket over the years. He would go through the change he received when he owned the grocery store that closed about 45 years ago.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
905 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2021  9:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add loonielewy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
He would go through the change he received when he owned the grocery store that closed about 45 years ago.

Oh boy. There was lots of silver floating around back then. Now you have everybody's attention for your next find. Good luck, and have fun. .
"We are poor little lambs...who have lost our way...Baa...Baa...Baa"

In memory of those members who left us too soon...
In memory of Tootallious March 31, 1964 to April 15, 2020
In memory of crazyb0 July 27 2020. RIP.
Valued Member
Canada
425 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2021  08:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coinman91 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Incredible find and amazing information SSP! Can't believe there is less than half a milimeter difference in size between the two different denominations. The weight difference should definitely be the tell and I also am curious what type of market there is for these errors.
There's always two sides to the coin if you have the patience to see. -Kathryn Budig
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2601 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2021  9:33 pm  Show Profile   Check Wade's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Wade to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Catfluff,

hmm... I tried contacting you but it seems the email system isn't working for me
Coin Collecting... "I'm in it for the money"
Edited by Wade
10/24/2021 9:35 pm
Canada
7 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2021  10:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add catfluff to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Wade. Not too sure what's happening with the email. I'm getting post update emails just fine.
Learn More...
Canada
9957 Posts
 Posted 10/24/2021  10:44 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I tried contacting you but it seems the email system isn't working for me

New members can receive email, if they choose to turn it on. They cannot send email, however, until they have 50 quality posts - we basically need to believe that you're here to be a part of the community, so post quality counts too.
"Discovery follows discovery, each both raising and answering questions, each ending a long search, and each providing the new instruments for a new search." -- J. Robert Oppenheimer

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 25 / Views: 1,219Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.35 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: