Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1935 Buffalo Nickel.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 292Next Topic  

United States
6 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2021  2:23 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Cashout to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi everyone. I'm new to the coin community. Just recently got into this because I inherited some gorgeous coins. I have a 1935 Buffalo nickel that I will say is not in the greatest shape. I can't find mint mark and it is also missing a piece of it ( don't know how). Whole it's not the prettiest it is by far my favorite. Is this something I should get graded? Is it worth it? Can anyone tell me what it may be worth?

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***

Edited by Cashout
10/17/2021 3:01 pm
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
16192 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2021  2:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To CCF , You need to take full coin photos obverse and reverse .

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
62926 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2021  2:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
And please show your images right-side up!

to the CCF!
United States
6 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2021  2:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cashout to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

United States
6 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2021  3:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cashout to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks guys I fixed everything that y'all asked for. Sorry I was so excited I forgot to pay attention to my own pics
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
62926 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2021  3:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is a common date in fairly worn condition, with some damage and a possible clip on the rim. It is definitely not worth sending in for grading.
Learn More...
United States
21428 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2021  3:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@cash, first welcome to CCF. Second, that might be a clip. I'm interested to see what others think.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
United States
6 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2021  3:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Cashout to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks. I figured it would cost more to get graded than it was worth. I still love it
Edited by Cashout
10/17/2021 3:19 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
883 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2021  4:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrwhatisit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I call a clipped planchet as well on a common coin. Clipped buffs aren't too common from what I have seen. The mintmark would be between the words five cents, but yours does not have a mintmark, meaning it was minted at Philadelphia.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
16192 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2021  4:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm all in for a clipped planchet .

In Memory of Butch L.
and Jim U. rest in peace .
Pillar of the Community
United States
4241 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
62926 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2021  6:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Blakesley effect may have worn away by this point?
Pillar of the Community
United States
4241 Posts
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
62926 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2021  8:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Think of how faint the Blakesley effect is even on a relatively new coin.
Pillar of the Community
United States
694 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2021  11:27 pm  Show Profile   Check jacrispies's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jacrispies to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a clipped planchet, but from the photos it is hard to determine if it is mint made or PMD. Neat coin otherwise!
  Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 292Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: