Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Repost With Better Pictures. {1934 Peace Dollar}

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 24 / Views: 740Next Topic
Page: of 2

Australia
4 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2021  5:03 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add DragonSyndicate to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

*** Edited by Staff to Add Year / Mintmark / Denomination to Title. Titles are Important! ***
Learn More...
United States
21365 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2021  5:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@drag, first welcome to CCF. Second, without commenting on your specific coin, I note that the grading company WCG is generally not highly regarded here. If you use the keyword "WCG" in the search box in the upper left hand part of your screen, you will see several threads. Here are links to a couple early ones:

http://goccf.com/t/12091
http://goccf.com/t/14065

"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Pillar of the Community
United States
2393 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2021  5:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thq to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The coin has a big dent on the reverse and has enough suspicious features that it is probably a fake. The E P letters in E Pluribus are very badly formed, as is the word ONE. I have never seen a Peace dollar which is missing parts of the letters.

It only has value for its silver content, $25 at most if it contains any at all.
"Two minutes ago I would have sold my chances for a tired dime." Fred Astaire
Edited by thq
10/17/2021 5:49 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
5892 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2021  5:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How did you come across this specimen?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
62758 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2021  6:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Certainly appears to be a horizontal "trench" across the reverse. Odd it doesn't show on the front.

to the CCF!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1991 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2021  6:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kbbpll to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is that a seam in the slab from the reverse side being installed upside-down? Try taking better pictures in natural light without the flash. I don't perceive it as being fake, yet.
Edited by kbbpll
10/17/2021 6:25 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
828 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2021  7:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrwhatisit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
And it is nowhere near a MS-67 from what I see If genuine (my opinion it looks good so far) then it appears to be more of a AU-58 to MS-62 at highest. That depression feature on the reverse seems to be an artifact since that line falls off the coin into the black zone of the holder and you can see the feature there.
Australia
4 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2021  7:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DragonSyndicate to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I do know about the issues with that grading company its the reason I asked about the grade.
So there is a possibility that its fake, is there any other tells?
I would post a higher res picture but the site has a size cap.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1991 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2021  8:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kbbpll to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You just have to run your pics through the image optimizer under "switch to full reply". Yes, it's a royal pain but once you figure it out, it works. Use the crop feature while you're in there.
Pillar of the Community
United States
642 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2021  8:23 pm  Show Profile   Check jacrispies's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add jacrispies to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Coin looks legitimate. It appears like that side of the slab was installed backwards. I'll say MS-61
Pillar of the Community
United States
4197 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2021  8:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jimbucks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You can probably get better pics if you remove from the slab, which itself does not add any value.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2393 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2021  8:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thq to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hasn't anyone else noticed that the bottom of the O in ONE and the left side of the E in E Pluribus are missing?
"Two minutes ago I would have sold my chances for a tired dime." Fred Astaire
Australia
4 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2021  11:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DragonSyndicate to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have undated the pictures, do these give any more info about the grade/value.

United States
5 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2021  05:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mr Wednesday to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Could be an outrageous amount of money if you value the right buyer
Edited by Mr Wednesday
10/18/2021 05:19 am
United States
5 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2021  05:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mr Wednesday to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's wonderful
Learn More...
United States
21365 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2021  05:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@mr wed, please tone down your snark. This is a friendly space.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 24 / Views: 740Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.38 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: