Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Are You Folks Finding Many Nickel DDR Doorways?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 253Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1005 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2021  6:32 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have just recently expanded my bank roll searching to nickels and am still learning what's out there. Actually had time to search today and found a couple unlisted DDR doorways and just curious how many you folks run across. Is this the nickels answer to zincoln doubled columns, with lots to be found? Not near the listings but maybe not as many nickel searchers.

-makecents-
Pillar of the Community
United States
2327 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2021  6:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Tunnioc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They seem to be getting larger, quite nice!
I have not found any yet.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1005 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2021  7:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
They seem to be getting larger, quite nice!
I have not found any yet.
Thanks, Tunnioc! I found two of the 2020P's today, if you want one, just email your address and I'll send it out.
-makecents-
Pillar of the Community
United States
4888 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2021  7:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jim0815 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have found a couple. I have a 1973 S Proof that is either a doubled die with a doubled door or over polishing. I haven't quite made up my mind yet.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1005 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2021  8:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I have found a couple. I have a 1973 S Proof that is either a doubled die with a doubled door or over polishing. I haven't quite made up my mind yet.
Thanks for the input, Jim0815! That 73S proof would be a different class of doubled die but would like to see it, you'll have to post it. There is only one listed DDR for that year/mm on VV and it's around the perimeter. Brian's varieties, via Wexler has no listings. I just have a feeling these Class IX varieties that I've found are somewhat common.
-makecents-
Pillar of the Community
United States
873 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2021  8:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter4 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I found around 20 (varying years, but most were 2020-P) in 1 nickel box
Elliot Mitchell
Experienced coin roll hunter with 5+ years in the hobby
My Registry Type Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/334324/
My IS Type Set:
http://goccf.com/t/411655
My Want List: http://goccf.com/t/408555
ANA # 3204217
CONECA # Y-6505
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1005 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2021  8:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I found around 20 (varying years, but most were 2020-P) in 1 nickel box
Thanks, Elliot! I will be on the watch for them and have a feeling I will see many, considering I've only searched about a box and a half at this point.
-makecents-
Pillar of the Community
United States
1238 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2021  9:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nick10 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't find such doubling significant enough to bother looking for, but to each his own.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1005 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2021  9:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I don't find such doubling significant enough to bother looking for, but to each his own.
I do not typically either, especially when it's quite common, that was my question, as I was new to nickel searching. The Class IX doubled columns, in the Lincolns, I just save until I have a couple rolls and send them to another, that attributes for Wexler, he is doing research on them. Thanks but your retort has nothing to do with my question.
-makecents-
Pillar of the Community
United States
3621 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2021  10:03 pm  Show Profile   Check Tanman2001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Tanman2001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes these are equivalent to the "bar on column" cents. I think I have about 1 per roll on average so far, low sample size though.

I would still say they are worth looking for though. There are a handful that are exceptionally strong that I could see becoming more popular (2014-P WDDR-004/019 and 2017-P WDDR-008 come to mind). Plus the more significant extra thickness DDRs typically affect the doorway as well, so looking there you probably won't miss them.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1005 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2021  10:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Yes these are equivalent to the "bar on column" cents. I think I have about 1 per roll on average so far, low sample size though.

I would still say they are worth looking for though. There are a handful that are exceptionally strong that I could see becoming more popular (2014-P WDDR-004/019 and 2017-P WDDR-008 come to mind). Plus the more significant extra thickness DDRs typically affect the doorway as well, so looking there you probably won't miss them.
Thank you, Tanman, pretty much what I thought. I went back several years to check out the newer class doubled die listings and found there were a few nice ones in the mix, that you mentioned. I,m just finding, with the nickel bank roll searching, there are many recent years flooding the rolls and was trying to get a feel for them, you have to work with what you get....
-makecents-
Pillar of the Community
United States
1238 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2021  10:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nick10 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
makecents, anyone asking about quantities found needs to know whether people are looking at all. Ignoring such information may lead to concluding an item is scarcer than it actually is. Apologies if I ruffled your feathers for not sharing your apparent fondness for modern nickel DDRs, but I think you'll find here that collectors have varied interests.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1005 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2021  1:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add -makecents- to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
nick10, good points on all counts and I apologise.
-makecents-
  Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 253Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.35 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: