Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1978 D Washington Quarter. Cracked Die? Stuck In Strike?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 248Next Topic  

United States
3 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2021  07:31 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Nikkislover7179 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Found this little gem in my store change
Do not know alotabout error coins any help on type of error rarity of error and possible price on coin would be helpful and is it worth having it graded ?

Edited by Nikkislover7179
10/18/2021 07:40 am
Bedrock of the Community
United States
41874 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2021  08:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF. I see no error on your coin. I see environmental damage/staining and PMD. Value is 25˘
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
5881 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2021  09:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Appears that a good soak in pure acetone would remove some of the gunk. Not seeing an error, just a worn, stained coin.
United States
3 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2021  09:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nikkislover7179 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So you don't see the date hit on George just right above date the doubling of the face or other strikes?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
12530 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2021  10:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyD to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I do not see anything that would be considered an error.
What I do see is damage from a coin wrapping / vending
machine among other forms of damage. Value 25 cents

Correct typo
Edited by JimmyD
10/18/2021 10:32 am
Learn More...
United States
106270 Posts
United States
3 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2021  4:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nikkislover7179 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for the warm welcome & what am I seeing in the circled areas

Pillar of the Community
United States
7506 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2021  5:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Your coin did not leave the mint looking this way. Just post mint damage, sorry.

to the CCF!
ça va bien aller

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
62707 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2021  5:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

to the CCF!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
41874 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2021  5:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That is staining and PMD.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 6.5 +/- Million Cents Since 1971
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 248Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.31 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: