Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Will The U S Mint's Future Bring More Morgan And Peace Dollars? Yes!

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 171 / Views: 4,167Next Topic
Page: of 12
Pillar of the Community
United States
3097 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2021  8:22 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add morgans dad to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have seen fellow collectors touch on THIS topic and thought I would seek opinions. Just what would You like to see the United States Mint produce? I am an Avid, Hard Core Collector with Many things, Morgans and The Peace dollars are Two of My Favorites, near and dear to me. The Uncirculated are My Favorite Too.... I personally believe the Mint did a Wonderful thing, Now What !!!!! Now that they have re-sparked the Silver Dollar Archives.... I would like to see Another Release of a Proof Morgan and Peace Silver Dollar. While I have held Many Morgans, NEVER held a Proof Peace dollar !!!! If I did Not, I am perfectly content with JUST the 100 Anniversary releases of 2021. It could happen that Another release would drive the Original releases from their " Rarity " ? What say You ? Thanking You All In Advance, Enjoy the Hunt !!! Morgan's Dad
Edited by livingwater
11/10/2021 07:59 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
513 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2021  10:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add PNWType to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think it would certainly reduce some of the rarity of the 2021s but the mint is a business in this case, so it makes sense to continue to produce items that sell out (heck I'd say selling <1 ounce of silver at nearly $100 dollars is VERY good business)

They will remain something I don't have interest in spending on personally, but I think that it is fairly likely they may continue to produce more based on the extreme popularity.
[Custom 7070 v3.0 WIP] - - - [Custom 7070 v2.0] - - - [Custom 7070 v1.0]
Valued Member
United States
57 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2021  10:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add torpedo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A proof, cameo would be cool, especially of the Peace dollar. I'd be happy with the 6 coins that were minted for the 100th anniversary. The mintages are high enough that if one wants one of the 2021's they can be easily found, once shipped, maybe a lower mintage release would help the mint draw more anger and rage in their direction.
Valued Member
United States
98 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2021  08:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add misfit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
On one hand I would like to see proof version of the Morgans and peace, on the other hand I would like 2021 to be one and done for these coins. I think going past 2021 would just make it seem more like a money grab by the mint.
Valued Member
United States
263 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2021  09:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Eagle4Life to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I hope they do not continue the Morgans and Peace.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
11367 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2021  11:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm at a point where I'm going to be scaling back my mint purchases, so I probably won't continue to collect these if they are offered in the coming years. I like them enough to keep collecting them, I just have too many other priorities right now.

Learn More...
United States
106380 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2021  12:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I hope they do not continue the Morgans and Peace.

Let the ASE and occasional Liberty Medals rule to roost.
Valued Member
United States
124 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2021  3:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add msl2196 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I certainly would like to see them continue with the Morgan dollar and Peace dollar.

And like @torpedo and @misfit, I agree that seeing a modern cameo proof version would be really cool.

With that said, I think they should just mint W/S (or P/D/S) going forward like they do with other collector-focused coins--and save the CC and O privy marks for only special anniversary years (like 100 years after the last classic Peace dollar, 100 years after the first Morgan, 150 years after 1921, etc.)
Edited by msl2196
10/19/2021 3:51 pm
Valued Member
United States
205 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2021  4:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Raised on rock to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My money manager said the mint should not continue the Morgans and Peace dollars. If they do, I should not buy them.
Learn More...
United States
106380 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2021  5:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ultimately it would not matter to me if they did continue them. I got what I wanted and that is all I need.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3097 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2021  5:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add morgans dad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I See the opinions are Wanting. Looks Like Collectors want Silver Dollars of Years gone-bye...... Can You imagine, Then, collectors having the Options and GSA sponsored Sales, Then, of purchasing Morgan silver dollars !!!!! Some MS @ $30.00 others in better condition $ $45.00. Glorious days !!!!!! I'd like to see more members Opinions and thoughts Too , However it's now a lean- towards " More "!!!! Not sure I Agree Though.

I wish I started collecting the Silver coinage of the 50's and 60's, 70's. Sooner....
Learn More...
United States
106380 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2021  5:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I guess I am just content with the Ikes. Easier on the budget.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
62783 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2021  6:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If the Mint thinks it can make a buck, you can bet we'll see them.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3097 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2021  7:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add morgans dad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I Too would LOVE to see A Enhanced-Reverse Proof MORGAN dollar !!!!!! The Magnesium, Copper,Zinc, Nickel, Dollars Now-A-Days leave Much to desire..... IMO. More Silver Please !!!!! PS, I'd love to see and acquire a Proof Peace dollar !!!!

Everyone knows their ordering system Sucks wind, How about fixing the troubled, Poorly-Updated , Frustrating Experiences !!!!!
Pillar of the Community
United States
3097 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2021  7:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add morgans dad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
JBUCK, Did the U S Mint do anything special for the KENNEDY 55th year or ? I thought I saw You remarked about them ?
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3576 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2021  8:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add BStrauss3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There is nothing in the enabling legislation to STOP the mint from making 2022 coins.

After lots of blather about honoring the end of the Morgans and the start of the Peace dollars (note this is NOT a commemorative - it says it's just honoring the event), it just says

Quote:
SEC. 5. <<NOTE: Effective date.>> ISSUANCE OF COINS.

The Secretary may issue coins minted under this Act beginning on January 1, 2021.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th...ll/6192/text
-----Burton
47 year / Life ANA member (joined 12/1/1973)
Life member: Numismatics International, CONECA
Member: TNA, FtWCC, NETCC, OnLinw Coin Club
Owned by four cats and a wife of 37 years (joined 1983)
Page: of 12 Previous TopicReplies: 171 / Views: 4,167Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.42 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: